VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:54:34 05/30/03 Fri
Author: Dano
Subject: Here’s some reaction from Britain. (more)
In reply to: Alie 's message, "WMD just a convenient excuse for war, admits Wolfowitz" on 12:52:42 05/30/03 Fri

The Associated Press
Wednesday, May 28, 2003; 8:02 PM
LONDON - Opponents of the U.S-British invasion of Iraq renewed their criticism of the war Wednesday after the American defense secretary said Iraq may have destroyed its weapons of mass destruction before the war.
Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, speaking in New York on Tuesday, said it was possible the reason Iraqi chemical or biological weapons had not yet been found, was that Saddam Hussein's government "decided that they would destroy them prior to a conflict."
Prime Minister Tony Blair, who was adamant that Saddam's possession of such weapons justified going to war, told reporters Wednesday that he still believed the weapons existed.
"I have said throughout and I just repeat to you, I have absolutely no doubt at all about the existence of weapons of mass destruction," Blair said on a flight to Kuwait before he visits British troops in Iraq on Thursday.
"And rather than speculating, let's just wait until we get the full report back from our people who are interviewing the Iraqi scientists," he said.
Robin Cook, a former foreign secretary who quit as leader of the House of Commons in protest against the war, said Rumsfeld's comments vindicated his own stance.
"If Donald Rumsfeld is now admitting the weapons are not there, the truth is the weapons probably haven't been there for quite a long time," Cook told British Broadcasting Corp.
"It matters immensely," he said, "because the basis on which the war was sold to the British House of Commons, to the British people, was that Saddam represented a serious threat."
Former Cabinet minister Tony Benn, a left-wing member of Blair's Labor Party, told LBC radio, "I believe the prime minister lied to us and lied to us and lied to us. ... The whole war was built upon falsehood and I think the long-term damage will be to democracy in Britain."
Labor Party legislator Glenda Jackson said, "This war was fought on illegal and immoral grounds and there were no reasons for it."

I find the comments here made by members of Blair’s party to be what I would expect to see coming from men and women of honor. I wonder when we can expect similar comments from the Republicans in this country? Hell - for that matter I wonder when we’ll see similar comments from Democrats (There have been a few notable exceptions, of course, especially among the Dems).

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Let's all remember that when Clinton was president the republicans launched a major investigation into a failed land deal and tried to get him impeached for lying about a blow job. But now... -- Drew Greyfox, 18:41:30 05/30/03 Fri
  • careful drew jeremy will see the word 'blowjob' n just blank out LMAO (NT) -- -- :*~*:. .:*~*:. ..:*~*:. . { JASON } . .:*~*:. .:*~*:. :*~*:., 16:15:21 05/31/03 Sat

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    * Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.