VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:03:09 04/23/03 Wed
Author: Dante
Subject: I agree. Where is Alie? (more)
In reply to: Pete 's message, "Where are you, Alie?? Here's another doctored photo similar to some that you posted...On 9 April 2003, the front page of the London Evening Standard (circulation: 400,000) front page contained a blurry image supposedly showing a throng of Iraqis in Baghdad celebrating the toppling of Saddam Hussein. What we are really looking at is an incredibly ham-fisted attempt at photo manipulation." on 15:02:04 04/22/03 Tue

Alie, I apologize if I offended you. I realize now that I should have posted a reply after I read your explanation but I was in the middle of exams and haven't been on line.

I appreciate and respect all your contributions to this forum, especially articles and pictures like the ones mentioned above. Without reading it here, many of us would have had no idea these pics were staged and fake because our news coverage has been hijacked by this administration and fundamentalist religion.

::hugs to Alie::

It's been a horrible time for everyone who opposes the war. If you read Luis's post, you get an idea of how strongly divided even close friends and families are over this issue. The whole country is bombarded with non-stop "patriotism". Every square inch of every store is decked out in red, white, and blue and we're all encouraged to wrap ourselves in the flag and act like we won the international championship. I expect to see W on TV anyday now chanting, "we're number one. we're number one." It's disgusting.

The pro-war, pro-Bush people aren't exactly subtle about labeling all anti-war people as traitors who love terrorists and hate our country. I love my country and I am very much against the war.

I'm sorry that I misunderstood the point of what you were saying and I hope you accept my apology.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.