VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 04:17:26 04/30/03 Wed
Author: Alie
Subject: Unembedded news are back!

First, I want to say thanks to all who asked what happened to me.

Well, I'm living less than 10 miles from the NSA's international spy-post Echelon from where they screen everything that goes through European phone lines, including emails and posts to message boards - hmm, now that I write this: why were they so surprised that Europe, except for some presidents, didn't want to have anything to do with their dirty war? Did they adopt Dubya's listening style? Ok, two weeks ago they came and raided my house, confiscated my computer and tried to embed me with Fox News. When I refused they tried torture and forced me to listen 24/7 to Dubya's assorted speaches. I resisted for a while and then conked out, to awake again only a couple of days ago. All traces of the raid were gone and my computer is back too.

Now, if you think this is a crazy story you are right of course. But still, the neocon mob that holds the US hostage has done crazier things by far.

What really happened is that I overdosed on unembedded news and background information on the neocon mob. I'm usually not prone to biblical metaphors, in particular not as Dubya and his hallelujah squad really devalued them, but these people are pure and undiluted evil. This overdose together with the nastiest attack of hay fever in about 30 years really knocked me out and I needed some time off.

But now, the unembedded news are back, and as I keep finding interesting old news I think I'll throw in a few of those too.

Lately, several people here wondered why the USA are not exactly popular in some corners of this world. Well, I'd say it's the same as right now, a question of embedded and unembedded history. Also, the USA are a fast paced country and past history (beyond immediate US "domestic" history) is stored somewhere in the attic of the collective memory, whereas other societies (maybe for a lack of tv) keep the same history (which in turn is now their domestic history) alive in the family den of their history. Naturally, even the most careful retrospective evaluation of the same event in history will be different depending of the perspective of the evaluator. Every now and then I run into some paper on this topic which is not mainly US-bashing, I will post them here too (unless this gets me banned from the board) or leave a link.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.