VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:54:42 05/01/03 Thu
Author: Lance
Subject: A thought for everyone on the board involved with GSAs/

Just because the school year is coming to a close, no need to lose contact with your friends in the GSA.

One of the best things about the internet is E-lists and message boards. So why not start both of them today, so that you can keep in contact even if members from your college GSA will be in other states or out of the country for the summer.

If you're in a high school GSA you can still get together both socially and politically. There are a million fun things to do in the summer.

The GSA at my University has already held the last meeting of the year, which I missed because I overslept - I was up really late studying for finals and didn't think I needed to set the alarm for a meeting at noon.

BUT on the bright side, I did good on the exam and members from the group will continue to see each other over the summer. Many of us have become really close friends.

Don't think that all of your activities have to be specifically GLBT themed activities.

One of the first things my own GSA is doing this summer is forming our own Team to participate in an annual Walk For Hunger. This is a walk-a-thon to raise money to help feed hungry children in our city. The funds raised will provide meals for children and families during the summer months. This is the time when school hot meal programs are not available and children are at high risk of hunger. The money funds 36 hunger centers and 18 hot meal sites to serve 40-50,000 people each month, half of whom are children.

This will be a fun day, in which we'll all be together doing something fun for a worthwhile cause, and afterwards enjoying a huge street party that provides a free lunch and an afternoon of live entertainment.

City's and towns all over the country provide charity events of this sort so check with your GSA and see if they would like to participate in a few.

And last I would just like to say congratulations to all of you who have participated and in some cases actually started a GSA at your school.

YOU ARE ALL HEROS!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.