VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]
Subject: Re: busking europe

Author:
Street-penner
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:24:18 05/30/05 Mon
In reply to: Daisy 's message, "Re: busking europe" on 17:28:28 10/14/04 Thu

Hey there... I wouldn't let these guys put you off before you even started. I have been busking for only two years with my acoustic guitar and have hasd much success in Europe. With the violin it will certainly be different but ideal spots for you are in the main cities, promenades where you get tourists- with playing more cultural music than i do, you can easily get away with playing around historic parts of a city, churches and monuments that attract a lot of visitors, even on Sundays when the shops and things are closed and the cities are usually quieter. You could also play around the terraces and open air cafes etc in the evenings, play a set and pass a hat around? Places i have enjoyed playing in a lot (and offer some pretty decent cash): Corfu town, Northern Italy and Innsbruck in Austria, I think they might be fruitful for a violinist. I play mainly in germany which is ok but the economy is struggling, but still worthwhile money. Scandinavia is supposed to be pretty good (I will travel there in the summer) and Switzerland too, but they are expensive places to be also. Don't be surprised if people approach you and offer you a place to stay or a meal, that often happens to me when i play in new cities. above all enjoy yourself!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+1
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.