VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]
Subject: Freedom

Author:
Sarah
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 05:09:54 02/12/05 Sat

I am eighteen years old and I had an abortion a week ago. I was 7 weeks pregnant. When I told my boyfriend I was pregnant he was incredibly supportive and between us we decided that this was what we wanted to do. We didn't tell our parents so we are the only people who know about it. I had a medical termination - he came with me and was amazingly supportive.

Although we were both sad that we were going to lose our child, we also knew that once we have both finished University and settled down to a proper life there will be plenty of time to have the children we both want.

Have been reading through some of the other posts from people who have had distressing abortions and wanted to let anyone reading through these who haven't decided yet that it can be a very positive experience - I know I was very lucky.

Sarah

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Freedom

Author:
Vickie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:35:39 02/16/05 Wed

Sarah, You said your abortion had a postive experience... can you share with us what is postive about it? Also I would like to hear back from you in about 1-3 years and see if you feel the same way.
Although you may fee lucky now, I think that will change in time.
Vickie
[> [> Subject: Re: Freedom

Author:
alice
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:17:04 02/21/05 Mon

I agree with Vicki. I had a child 26 yrs ago (i was 19 and unmarried). Two of my girlfriends who got pregnant after me had abortions. One of them has gone on to have 2 children the other could never conceive again. Both regret their abortions. Especially seeing my son grown and newly married. They are heart broken and are seeking counseling. They go together and they seem to have eachother to help cope. Make no mistake, this will come back to haunt your soul...there is nothing more unnatural then ripping a child from your womb. I know thats a brutal terminology but thats what it is. Sincerely, Alice

Author:
Pat
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:54:41 02/21/05 Mon

Hi, Sarah,

A lot of women feel relief after having an abortion. But for many women, that sense of relief doesn't last. At some point down the road, you may experience deep and anguished regret at what you did. If that happens (and it is likely), please know that you do not need to suffer in silence. We will be here for you, and crisis pregnancy agencies have counseling and other programs available. We care about you. Please take care of yourself.

Hugs,

Pat

Author:
Wendy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:04:32 04/09/05 Sat

Hi Sarah, I had an abortion when I was in University, two weeks before my graduation and I thought it was the right thing to do at that time. I look back now and do not regret my decision because I was not ready for a child with a man that only wanted me for sex. Four years later with a good job and a great boyfriend I look back and keep wondering how different my life would be if I had my child with me now. I know I could have handled it and I believe in fate that things would have worked out. I know I can't go back and change things, I must keep moving forward, but openly and honestly about my experience and loss. I always dreamed I would have kids and I know I will, but sometimes I wish I had the one I lost. Just be open and don't put the bad memories to the back of your head because that's what I did and now 4 years later, they are coming back very strong and now I need to face it all over again in order to heal. I hope that you do not have any bad experiences, but we need to acknowledge the things that happen to us, good or bad. Take Care

Wendy

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.