VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]
Subject: Re: does it get better?

Author:
Elizabeth
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 22:47:12 04/30/05 Sat
In reply to: Pamela 's message, "Re: does it get better?" on 11:46:07 04/25/05 Mon

My dear, there are millions who understand your pain.

"Millions" is a big number - incomprehensible, isn't it? But, to make it easier to relate to, look around you as you walk down the street.

Nearly every woman you see has or will at some point in their lives reach a point of questioning - "I'm pregnant, and I don't know what to do about it, I don't know how I can cope with it, I don't know how I can afford to raise a child, I don't know how I will manage." Many will at least consider abortion and of those, many will believe that it is their best or only option.

What is it - one in five women who will have an abortion in their lifetime? I'm not good at statistics - I only mention it so that as you look around in a crowd, you will realize that you are not alone.

Thank God for sites like this, that allow women to tell of their losses, weep for their children and learn that their cross is not theirs alone to bear in shamed silence or a feigned nonchalance that covers the wounds in their souls.

Every story here is a testament to the fact that abortion is not "nothing." I heard someone say that in order to put the sword into her child's heart, a mother first must put the sword through her own. Oh, God, how true!

Thank you, God, for every woman who tells her story - how that "blob of cells" or "bit of tissue" was indeed a BABY to her and how she grieves for it.

Thank God for you! You will never know how many women you have blessed with your truth.

I will continue to pray for you - that your heart is softened in your grief, that you find the peace that Jesus wants for you. His mercy is endless, infinite, all-encompassing - it's so much bigger than any human transgression could *ever* be - and it's waiting for you.

Please check back whenever you feel like it. I will watch for you.

Love,
Elizabeth

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.