VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]
Subject: Re: Will the pain ever stop

Author:
Pat
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 20:19:33 06/17/05 Fri
In reply to: Laura 's message, "Will the pain ever stop" on 01:00:42 06/17/05 Fri

Laura,

I am so sorry! Obviously nobody ever told you what abortion was all about. You are not to blame for what you didn't know. That said, I agree with Kris. You need to forgive yourself. That's not easy. But it can be done. Let yourself grieve, as she said. You may find it helpful to do some kind of memorial for your daughter. You can plant a tree, or put a memorial online, and there are places that collect memorial plaques for display. Please read your Bible and seek God's forgiveness. He loves you, and He died for you, and even for what you have done. He forgave Paul, who murdered Christians, and made him into an apostle. What He did for Paul He is willing to do for you.

Don't try to drown your memories in alcohol or drugs. It won't help.

We love you and we will be here for you. Post any time.

Hugs,

Pat

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Will the pain ever stop

Author:
jordantaylor
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 01:29:07 07/04/05 Mon

Dear Laura,

I was almost 16 years old when I had my abortion and like you my boyfriend couldn't have cared less about me or my abortion. I never told him until eighteen years later. I have spent the past eighteen years anesthesizing myself with drugs and alcohol and am just now scheduling an appointment with a crisis pregnancy center to get some post abortion counseling... Don't waste anymore of your life punishing yourself for your mistake. Your child wouldn't want you to do that! Your child loves you and wants to see you in heaven. Don't spend the next twenty years paying penance for the child you aborted.. like i have. Just know that someone that has been there cares about you.. I am 34 now with three children. God can restore what has been taken away. Just put your trust in him Love, Jordan's mom

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.