VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]
Subject: Re: past abortion

Author:
Kris
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:26:57 09/11/05 Sun
In reply to: michelle 's message, "past abortion" on 21:27:24 09/10/05 Sat

Dear Michelle,

I know many women who have had abortions, and none of them have been happy they had one once it was done with. I was also faced with an unplanned pregnancy at 17 and I know the shear fear when faced with that dilema. I went to Planned Parenthood and was offered an abortion - but I was also in a Catholic High School at the time and I knew what they taught about abortion and I just couldn't go through with that. Unfortunately, I miscarried - and that was traumatic as well. I had to ask my parents to take me to the ER - that's how they found out I was pregnant. Anyhow, I just tell you this so you know I know some of what I am talking about. I have not had an abortion - so I can't say I have walked in your shoes - but I do understand many of the aspects of such things. I've also seen the lifelong hurt and scars it leaves behind. That's why I do not think abortion is good for any woman.

You need to forgive yourself, you also need to ask God to forgive you and realize God loves you and your 5 year old daughter and He is not some big guy up in the sky waiting for his chance to snatch her from you! He gave her to you - He entrusted her to you - becuase you are worthy of having her.

This is a good web-site to visit as well:

http://www.safehavenministries.com/

please visit it.

You can also look up a pregnancy center in your area - many of them offer FREE post-abortion counseling - or can direct you to a support group:

http://www.pregnancycenters.org/advantage.asp

I encourage you to call them. You can also lend support to other women who have walked in your shoes and gain support from them as well.

Hugs,
Kris

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.