VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]
Subject: Thinking Twice

Author:
Mary
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:42:39 11/23/05 Wed

I had an abortion 7 months ago and I regret the choice that I made. I had gotton pregnant by my then fiance. We were planning a large wedding and the stress of it all was to much for me to handle. Now we have been married for a few months and are financially more secure then we were at the time I decided to have the abortion. Last month I decided that I did want to be a mother and started trying to get pregnant. I have not been getting my periods for the last month and I am NOT pregnant again. I feel like I am being punished for my decision and that the powers that be don't think I deserve a chance to be a mother. All I can think about is the pain of the procedure and how badly I want a second chance. Am I the only one who feels this way?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Thinking Twice

Author:
Kris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:59:41 11/26/05 Sat

Dear Mary,

No! You are NOT the only one. Your feelings are exactly what other post-abortion women go through. The only problem is, no one will really "talk" about it. More and more though, women are speking up and talking about the post abortion trauma they experience.

There are some Care Net centers that offer free post abortion cousneling - you can look one up at this site and see if there's one in your area:

http://www.optionline.org/hadabortion.html

You can also visit this web site:

http://www.safehavenministries.com/

There are many message boards there for women who have had abortions.

I also think that there are mental triggers we have as far as conception goes. You have regrets about your abrotion and telling yourself you don't deserve to be a mother now. Those things alone will prevent conception. Of course, unfortunately, there may also be physical causes for the problem. Abortion can leave scarring that makes conception difficult or impossible. However, don't get all worried about that just yet. Trying to conceive for only one month does not mean you will never get pregnant again.

I do urge you to get some post-abortion counseling. You need to work through forgiving yourself and your husband. You also need to mourn for your loss and work through those feelings. Being whole and healed from this is critical before you have another child.

I know other post abortive women that fear they will loose future children as punishment for thier past abortion and this places a cloud over the entire family for life. These things have to be dealt with first in order to have a healthy home life.

Above all, understand that God still loves you - He will forgive you and your husband - it's just for the asking. He sill heal you emotionally and physically - again, just ask Him.

Hugs,
Kris

[> Subject: Re: Thinking Twice

Author:
Vickie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:23:10 01/06/06 Fri

Hon, I don't think you are being punished. However you might want to get checked out. Sometimes scare tissue can form and that can prevent you from getting pregnant.
my heart goes out to you. Hope things work out for the better for you

vickie

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.