VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]
Subject: Re: Regreting my abortion

Author:
Kris
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:18:16 12/15/05 Thu
In reply to: Julia 's message, "Regreting my abortion" on 10:29:27 12/15/05 Thu

Dear Julia,

I am so sorry for the pain and trauma you have gone through. I hope you contacted a rape crisis center - if you haven't done that, I really stress that you do so now. You need to find some other women that have had similar experiences and a professional counselor to help you work through the recovery process. I believe that a Rape Crisis Center will not charge you for counseling services.

You may also wish to visit:

http://www.safehavenministries.com/

It is an excellent site for post abortion healing.

You do need to grieve, you not only lost a child, but you have lost a father in a sense. Two HUGE losses in your life. You also need to forgive yourself - and know that God will forgive you as well, just ask Him.

You may also want to call a Pregnancy Center in your area -

www.optionline.com

Many of them offer FREE and CONFIDENTIAL Post abortion counseling.

My heart goes out to you - hang in there!

Hugs, Kris

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Regreting my abortion

Author:
Pat
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 02:38:40 12/19/05 Mon

Julia,

I am so sorry for what you have been through. By all means, get some counseling. Try to go to a crisis pregnancy agency such as Safe Haven or a local one in your area; not all people who volunteer at a rape crisis center will understand your pain. Our society tends to push abortion on rape victims. People think a woman couldn't possibly want to carry a baby conceived in rape. There are so many myths surrounding pregnancy from rape because rape victims have been used to promote an agenda. Don't let anybody "talk you out" of your pain. It is real, and it needs to be resolved.

By all means, seek God's forgiveness. Forgiving yourself will be harder. Once you are aware that God has forgiven you, then you should try to forgive yourself. If God can forgive you, then you should.

Read the Psalms. I think that you will find some of them will speak to your heart.

Hugs,

Pat

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.