VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]
Subject: Re: Sister had an Abortion, but Im hurting aswell

Author:
Pat
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 02:32:21 12/19/05 Mon
In reply to: shelly 's message, "Sister had an Abortion, but Im hurting aswell" on 12:40:46 12/15/05 Thu

Hi, Shelly,

My heart goes out to you. You have suffered a tremendous loss. Your sister didn't really want an abortion; she was forced into it. Sooner or later she will think about that. Chances are, her relationship with the father will break up, and then she will have nothing. If she had kept the baby, she would at least have her baby. I'm sorry someone didn't tell her that she can't save a relationship by having an abortion. Her boyfriend is a total jerk. He is scum as far as I am concerned. Nobody has a right to force a woman to have an abortion.

I pray that the Lord will comfort you both. It will be difficult when your sister faces what she has done. Several things can trigger her coming out of denial. The due date, the abortion date, seeing a picture of an unborn child somewhere, many different things can do this. I call it being blindsided. Please be there for her. She will need you. Try to reach out to her as the survivor. Her future may well be in your hands, because she could become self-destructive. If possible, find a crisis pregnancy agency in your area and try to get some counseling that will help you help her. Once she faces it, that will also be an important resource.

Hugs,

Pat

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.