VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]
Subject: Re: Childless and alone

Author:
Pat
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:57:25 01/30/06 Mon
In reply to: Gina 's message, "Childless and alone" on 03:42:27 01/29/06 Sun

Hi, Gina,

I am very glad you came. I agree with Kris and urge you to get some counseling.

I think you are probably aware that you can't turn back the clock, you can only go on from here. But you can heal.

What your boyfriend did to you is incredibly cruel. I would really lay down the law to him about it. You will NOT make yourself vulnerable again, so he isn't entitled to go to bed with you anymore. And he is NOT entitled to your silence. He hurt you terribly. You don't owe him your silence, and I'd make that clear to him. He needs to seek your forgiveness. If he won't do that, then you should feel free to warn any other woman he gets involved with. I am outraged at his conduct!

There are some things that don't make you stronger. This is one of them. It may not kill you, and probably won't, but it will definitely be very harmful to you for quite awhile, which is why the counseling is so vitally important. Women don't ever forget. All you can do is receive God's forgiveness and then forgive yourself. Both are not easy. But complete healing IS possible.

I think it is also somewhat obvious that your relationship with your parents isn't what it should be. If you are afraid they will cut you off if they find out, then reconciliation with them is definitely needed. A crisis pregnancy agency can help you deal with this issue. Remember the way Jesus treated the woman taken in adultery. That is the example they should follow. Seek a way to reconcile with them so that they will not reject and disown you. Obviously, part of the reason this happened is because of their attitude, or your perception of it.

I have two daughters and five sons. I made it clear to them that if they were ever involved in abortion, I would disown them. However, if one of them came to me and said, "I had an abortion and I am sorry," I would forgive them and seek reconciliation. They received strong teaching at home against abortion. Our younger daughter actually responded by getting involved in counseling herself, and she was very good at it, though it took an emotional toll because two of the women chose abortion anyway. Thinking as a mother, I would want one of my children to be able to come to me and tell me that they were involved, and they were deeply sorry. If I saw true remorse, then reconciliation would be the first thing on my mind.

May God bless you in your efforts to deal with your situation.

Hugs,
Pat

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.