VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]
Subject: Re: I regret my abortion, can anyone help?

Author:
Kris
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 22:01:37 04/14/06 Fri
In reply to: ML 's message, "I regret my abortion, can anyone help?" on 00:41:14 04/14/06 Fri

Dear ML,

I am so sorry for the pain you are going through. Just remember it's important to allow yourself to grieve your loss. I also want to direct you to some other good sites that may be helpful.

http://www.redeemedforlife.com/

http://www.healinghearts.org/index.php

http://www.safehavenministries.com/

I do hope they can give you some more information on dealing with the emotions you are going through.

Hugs,
Kris

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: I regret my abortion, can anyone help?

Author:
Jo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:47:11 04/17/06 Mon

L,

I am so sorry for your loss.
I had an abortion just over two years ago and it is still at the front of my mind. I don't think it is something that any woman gets over easily; especially if she felt any doubt when she was making her decision.

At the time I became pregnant, I knew what was going to "have to" happen - I felt I had just started out in my career; I was engaged to someone who didn't seem mature enough to be out of his teenage years, and I was still living with my parents - not the best start for a kid, but then we all give ourselves (or are told) those excuses, aren't we?! So I had already prepared myself when I heard my partner's words, "It's just not the right time for us".

I knew he was "right". But it didn't stop the doubt, the pain or the deep regret when I'd returned from hospital.

Afterwards, I went through a period of depression, somehow only visible to my closest family who were very supportive - apart from my partner!
My mother was my rock. To this day I still talk to her about it when I need to and she's sympathetic enough to listen over and over again. I'm very lucky.

But for the pain to still be this raw in my mind after two years on, she and I both know that I need more than a motherly chat and a hug. That is how I came across this site - I was looking for help - discussions, counselling, anything I can think of. Just don't stop here, there is so much help out there.

I hope you find some comfort. I'll be thinking of you.
Jo
xxxx

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.