VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]
Subject: post-abortion scared

Author:
Amy
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:37:58 04/25/06 Tue

Hi,

I had an abortion 3 weeks ago, and I was feeling fine. I started the pill right after, and I am supposed to get my period in a couple days. I had sex for the first time again five days ago and two days ago. Both times I used protection, but he didn't pull out. He came in the condom, but I get nervous because last time I got pregnant I had been using condoms as well. I was late taking my pill a couple times, I guess I am just wondering if I am stressing out too much about this? I am just scared that this is all going to happen to me again. Can I get pregnant while I am on the pill and using condoms?? Or am I just really stressed out from everything that happened to me already. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: post-abortion scared

Author:
Kris
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:56:37 04/26/06 Wed

Dear Amy,

Yes, you can get pregnant while on the pill, and using condoms. You already said that you got pregnant the first time while using the same b/c methods. The thing you really need to realize is that the only 100% b/c is abstinence. If you have sex, eventually, you will get pregnant. That being true unless you are sterile.

If you really don't want to get pregnant again, you really should reconsider having sex at all until you get married and you are truly ready for parenthood.

I know I'm preaching something that is NOT popular these days, but it is the simple truth. There are so many ill consequences of being sexually active before the right time - and so many people don't even really think about it. Afterall, we are pretty told we can have our cake and eat it too.

I'm sorry for your loss - I hope you will keep in mind that there are many programs to help with post-abortion stress, should you find that you're dealing with that down the road.

Hugs, Kris

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-6
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.