VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45 ]
Subject: Re: Premier Halts Tendura Production

Author:
Scott
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 19:59:54 04/13/02 Sat
In reply to: Jim 's message, "Premier Halts Tendura Production" on 03:30:39 02/26/02 Tue

I haven't heard this, but it is disturbing. I don't think anyone else makes a decent tendura for highland purposes. I remember when they stopped making the original heads and went to the plastic coating. My father still has form heads with no plastic coating, they have such a great sound. I also think that we are the only drummers reading this site.:)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Premier Halts Tendura Production

Author:
Steve Thacker
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:35:38 05/25/02 Sat

According to a Premier sales Representative, the Tendura drumhead line will not be discontinued. The production has been assigned to Remo Corporation. The availability will be limited presently, however acceptable quantities will be available in late June of this year. Premier is overseeing the production and quality control at this time and will continue to do so in the future as of my knowledge.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Premier Halts Tendura Production

Author:
Tom Foote
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:24:46 05/27/02 Mon

I had heard that all of the first run product from REMO has been returned from distribution due to product failure.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Premier Halts Tendura Production

Author:
Steve Thacker
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:19:52 05/28/02 Tue

I was informed by my Premier representative that the first
run of tendura heads had been refused due to poor product quality. I was reassured that the tendura heads which Remo is producing for Premier would be of the same quality as in the past. I was also told that the tendura heads would not be Remo falam heads with a Premier logo stamped on them. I had heard rumours that tendura heads would be nothing more than falams. Fortunately, those rumours are false.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.