VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45 ]
Subject: How do they do that?

Author:
Randy
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 20:05:53 06/05/02 Wed

Whenever I wear Ghillie Brogues, I tie the laces as tightly as possible. But after about 20-30 min. the laces always seem to gradually slip down, And soon, Are loose lying at my ankles on top of the shoes. Other than pulling the laces so tight as to cut off circulation completly! Anyone know of a solution?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: How do they do that?

Author:
Paul Hinson
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:50:21 06/08/02 Sat

I've never understood how the laces stay up either. I just wear a pair of regular dress shoes.

>Whenever I wear Ghillie Brogues, I tie the laces as
>tightly as possible. But after about 20-30 min. the
>laces always seem to gradually slip down, And soon,
>Are loose lying at my ankles on top of the shoes.
>Other than pulling the laces so tight as to cut off
>circulation completly! Anyone know of a solution?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Re: How do they do that?

Author:
DK
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:06:15 06/10/02 Mon

The trick is in the twisting of the laces my friend! I will try my best to describe this: tighten laces across top of foot, bring laces together top, middle of foot, one lace in each hand now twist them three times before pulling apart and bring to the back of ankle. Where you repeat the twisting three times. Tricky part, one lace goes inside around over top and hold on the outside of ankle. Now bring the other lace around from the outside, across top to inside and then back of ankle then meet on the outside again (where you held the first one in place). THe trick is the twisting and having one lace longer then the other because that is the one that will go the long route around your ankle before being tied on the outside of the ankle. I do a double tie just to make the laces even once again. Perhaps someone else can describe it better than I but that's what I do and they don't come untied or sneak down! Plus circulation remains to the foot! Good luck, practice a bit and look at someone else's tie job, perhaps they'll even help you get it if you ask kindly to explain! Or maybe I do this wrong and that is my interpretation of the whole thing.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.