VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45 ]
Subject: Re: weak cane bagpipe chanter reed looking!

Author:
BB
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 02:03:34 07/25/02 Thu
In reply to: Nadav 's message, "Re: weak cane bagpipe chanter reed looking!" on 08:04:06 05/02/02 Thu

I wouldn't suggest soaking it in water!!! If you need a weaker reed then go and buy some! Or even buy medium strengh. Play them constantly and they will become easier to play( even cork your drones and play your chanter only )AS for the pitch of your reed , adjust it in the chanter to where the best pitch is, it can be tricky sometimes but you'll get it in the end. Maybe even taping the holes will help, usually on the top hand is where wither the chanter or reeds have some minor tweeking...

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> Subject: Re: weak cane bagpipe chanter reed looking!

Author:
JO
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:23:41 07/25/02 Thu

Thank you for your advice. Hm. It seems I'd better find a medium or weak reed to play with my chanter. I rubbed a hard reed a wee bit with some sand-paper, and it became too weak reed, so I guess I need to pracitce more to do it, eh.
Do you have any favourite cane reed companies? I mean where is your cane reed - chanter reed - from?
Yeah, I know what you mean about wrapping with some tape on the hole..
Thank you for your adive!!

- Jo :)

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.