VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45 ]
Subject: Cullen Anderson

Author:
Craig Watson
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 19:57:07 08/17/02 Sat

I desperately need the tune Cullen Anderson.I cant at ALL seem to find this tune.Can somebody out there please help me??????Any info would be great.If someone does find it can you send it so its compatable with Bagpipe Player.Or just about any format would do but pref. jpg or bmw..Thank you :-) happy piping!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Cullen Anderson

Author:
brad
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:07:12 08/23/02 Fri

It's written by Lars Sloan.
At this point, I don't believe it's published yet.
I know he's working on a book, but I don't think it's out yet.

>I desperately need the tune Cullen Anderson.I cant at
>ALL seem to find this tune.Can somebody out there
>please help me??????Any info would be great.If someone
>does find it can you send it so its compatable with
>Bagpipe Player.Or just about any format would do but
>pref. jpg or bmw..Thank you :-) happy piping!!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

Author:
Peter Kosmoski
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:06:57 09/06/02 Fri

Hey Craig -

I'm a student of Lars, so I know the tune quite well! A true classic, in my opinion.

I think Tommy O'Brien transcribed it into BMW format. If so, I will locate it and send to you this weekend or early next week.

Otherwise, I can send you the sheetmusic via mail. I have the music wrote out for both main score and seconds (you have to play the seconds for this tune, it doesn't sound right without them).

[> [> Subject: Re: Cullen Anderson

Author:
Peter Kosmoski
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:08:29 09/10/02 Tue

Good point. Let me bring up some related issues here-

I asked Lars before it if it was OK to pass along Cullen Anderson, and he was fine with it. Lars is not the kind of guy to get upset when someone wants to learn one of his tunes, but since a lot of people seem to want to learn that tune, I made sure to get his permission first.

You should be able to pass sheet music out as much as you want, and play whatever you want to, as long as it's for fun and/or love of the music. But obviously, making $$$ by performing someone else's music is another matter.

I play the tunes that I like at jam sessions, or in semi-public places like a park or whatever. These are not paid performances. I'm not so sure about busking, but I guess I take my chances there! The line is definately drawn when you are in a paid performance situation.

If I bought a songbook at the store, that doesn't give me the right to play that material in a paid performance. Some guitar music that I've purchased actual states this in order to leave no doubt about the matter (Yngwie Malmsteen was pretty big on this subject). Bottom line - If anyone wants to perform another musician's music in a paid gig, it's their responsibility to get permission for the performance whether they learned the tune by ear, by rote or through sheet music.

And I'd like to point out that by passing along sheet music, I'm not assuming responsibility for someone else's indescretions with profiting from another musician's music!

Author:
brad
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:30:42 09/10/02 Tue

Hey Peter:

Passing out Cullen Anderson

I'm ASSUMING that you have cleared that with Mr Sloan!!
As the author, he may have an interest in what happens with the music that he has written.
That's taking a pretty big liberty with the work of the guy who is instructing you.

Brad

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.