VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]
Subject: Re: Reed adjustment/scraping for new Pipes?

Author:
Randall Paine
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11:13:39 01/24/02 Thu
In reply to: Eric R. Gagne 's message, "Reed adjustment/scraping for new Pipes?" on 13:50:43 01/22/02 Tue

eric,
also do a search on andrew lenz. he has some tips on reed manipulation that may help. this process is trial and error. keep at it and you'll get it. we all went through this.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Reed adjustment/scraping for new Pipes?

Author:
Randoplh
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:04:08 01/24/02 Thu

I know that a lot of pipers are going to say that this is scarelige but try the Clanrye synthetic. If you are fairly new to piping(I'm guessing that you are)it is no hassle. You can put it in the chanter tune it no more hassles. I've been getting a year out of them no trouble. Both times I've had to replace them was due to accident on my part. So the expense is well worth it.
Cane reeds do sound better but for me the clanrye's have been a real boon. I don't have to blow in new reeds or worry about manipulation and I get to enjoy my favorite passtime.
Oh they are availble in 3 strengths and it dosen't cahnge throughout the life of the reed.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.