VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]
Subject: How do/did you practice bagpipes?

Author:
Jo
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 21:50:47 02/25/02 Mon

Hi, I am Jo frae Japan again. It seems NO teacher around my area, I talked to a couple of professinal pipers in Japan, and they say no teacher/good piper even bagpiper are around my area, moreover, they are too far away too! if I travel there to have their lesson, areoplane tickets costs .. similar price to fly to USA from Japan!! It's sorta wired but it's not wrong!
Anyway, therefore, I am teaching bagpiping myself only, as there's no teacher.
I have some good friends who also play the bagpipes on the INTERNET only, not around me, but I thought this web is really useful.. because I have come to know them through this web page! (Thank you!!)
Now I am practicing bagpipes, but I have no idea actually, thanks to my piping e-pals, I have some ideas in my mind to play.. but I can make a only bit sound from the bagpipes, and it's so hard to blow, isn't it? Also I LOVE the sound of bagpipe soooo much, it's so loud but so happy!!
But now I am a wee bit confused because everyone says different, I agree, everyone has different way to play or practice bagpipes..... but for me, as I have no idea, it's a bit confusing! Because some say to make a sound from the bagpipes, not sqeeze it, only when you take a breath, squeeze it. But other say I must sqeeze the bag slightly when I make a sound, and when I take a breath, sqeeze it harder.
About practicing... everyone seems to have so different way .... and that's good!
So.. if you don't mind, will you please tell me how did/do you practice for bagpiping at the begging? I still put the plugs on my drones although, I'd like to know how to tune ( I know how to change the pitch, but what sound should I make?) etc too.

I hope to hear from you.... I really need someone's help!!!
Also thank you for this bulletain board and my piping e-pals always help me!!!

My e address;
jonigrian32@hotmail.com

Love,
Jo

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.