VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5 ]
Subject: KILTMAKER IN ENGLAND

Author:
JOHN MACDONALD
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:55:11 05/03/02 Fri

Dear All

For those of us domiciled in England there is a lady who has a Kiltmaking and Outfitting buisness in Peterborough. She is not on the Internet as she claims she is busy enough as it is.

However, for those of us who like to know of those useful contacts, the lady is Mrs Pat Pope and her number is 01733 310628. The buisness name and address is "The Tartan House Kiltmakers" 89 Alexandra Road Peterborough Cambridgeshire.

This link will take you to the street and area is

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?grid2map?X=518893&Y=300628&arrow=Y&adkey=

John

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: ANOTHER KILTMAKER IN ENGLAND

Author:
JOHN MACDONALD
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:15:58 05/09/02 Thu

Dear All

Since my last post I have uncovered yet another person capable of Making and Altering Kilts in the South of England

This gent was the last regimental tailor for the GORDON HIGHLANDERS and has an Army MASTER TAILOR's CERTIFICATE

He works as a civilian in TIDWORTH AND BULFORD GARRISON.

He is contactable by mobile phone only and as he is a single man he spends a lot of time at work. His main office is at Building 62 Jellalabad Barracks TIDWORTH. His mobile no is 07762 557463. His office no is 01980 602885

He is available mon,wed,thur,fri,sat,sun

Another part of the Celtic jigsaw in the DARKEST south falls into place

john

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> Subject: Re: YET ANOTHER KILTMAKER IN ENGLAND

Author:
JOHN MACDONALD
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:40:14 05/09/02 Thu

Dear All
After I posted my last reply I received the following mail from another piping associate called Andrew Cranfield.

A superb kiltmaker, who is closer and I have used, is Joe Wade. His is a retired Army Master Tailor and his address is 51 The Copse, Southwood, Farnborough, Hants, GU14 0QD. Phone 01252 519308.

The quality of work that Joe does is simply outstanding. He is a real craftsman, perhaps not the cheapest but certainly among the best.

He is very easy to find and just 2 minutes from the M3. Turn off at M3 at J4A down A327 (Farnborough Aldershot road), Go through 3 roundabouts including the one at the M3. Turn right at 3rd roundabout into Southwood Lane (the 2nd turning on left). His is the first house and he is
normally in most evenings.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.