VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5] ]
Subject: Re: Cane is Cane - inquiry for JM

Author:
Peter Kosmoski
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 16:48:36 12/19/01 Wed
In reply to: Jeff Crain 's message, "Re: Cane is Cane - inquiry for JM" on 10:27:21 12/18/01 Tue

JM does not seem too eager to put down any specific reedmakers, and I can't say I blame him!

Everyone seems to have good things to say about Shepherd reeds. And Megarity-Ross also has a good reputation on this board. All of this is pretty consistent with my experience, these are the two best brands I've used.

O.K., I'll start this ball rolling. I was pretty disappointed with the Wygent reeds I purchased, especially the "select" $18 reed. They were all pretty weak in strength, and not suprisingly, didn't put out much volume. And the bottom hand embellishments didn't rip the way you would want. I admit, I ordered the low strength reeds, so maybe their high strength reeds would have worked better for me. Wygent only offers two grades of strength, as opposed to the three grades of strength that most other reed makers offer. I guess I am at about a medium grade of strength.

Does anyone have an opinion about the Higgins reed? Some guys in my band swear by them, but I haven't got a chance to play one yet. The guys that swear by them always have played super hard reeds, so I haven't been too anxious to try one! But their chanters sound superb.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: Cane is Cane - inquiry for JM

Author:
Randall Paine
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:20:39 01/21/02 Mon

>JM does not seem too eager to put down any specific
>reedmakers, and I can't say I blame him!

i agree with jeff..and i do blame jm.
one would think that if one cares to make bold statements, then the facts should be forthcoming.
it seems jm has an interesting way of stating his bias as facts. that sir, has been my observation here, rmmb, and on the dunsire forum.
experience and credibility are definitely seperate attributes.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.