VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5] ]
Subject: New Piper Question

Author:
C. Mael
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 09:49:29 02/21/02 Thu

I am a new piper and have practiced on my chanter and have even removed my pipes, assembled them and tried to play notes. I can do that, but I can't get the other pipes to make any noise. Am I putting them together wrong or what? There is no one in my area that has any experience an so I am at a loss except over the internet. Please email me with your remedies as I have very little idea of what I am doing. Send reply to cmael@hotmail.com Thanks.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: New Piper Question

Author:
PiperDown
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:43:37 02/21/02 Thu

Where do you live (roughly)? There are a lot resources out there to find an instructor that you may not know about. You really really need a teacher. There are so many things that are critical to a good pipe setup that need to be taught and explained. For lack of an instructor to help you, buy Jim McGilliveray's video, "Pipes Ready!" He explains all of the basics of pipe setup and you may be able to get them going on your own.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: New Piper Question

Author:
C. Mael
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:47:56 02/22/02 Fri

Southwest Missouri. As far as I have been able to find out there are no Piper clubs or instructors within 250 miles.

[> [> [> Subject: Re: New Piper Question

Author:
Kelly
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:28:51 02/22/02 Fri

>Southwest Missouri.
>within 250 miles.
Surely you can find an instructor in KCK or KCMo. How far would that be for you? Thankfully I do not have to do it but I have heard of people driving two hours or more for a one hour lesson. Dispite the distance that you must drive, it will be well worth it to have the one on one direction of an instructor.
Take Care and God Bless. -Kelly
P.S. If you have not yet, check with Police and Fire Departments in the larger cities close to you and ask if they have pipers.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.