VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234[5] ]
Subject: Re: What pipes are recommended around $1000?

Author:
PipSqueakPipr
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 01:32:15 02/24/02 Sun
In reply to: Dennis 's message, "Re: What pipes are recommended around $1000?" on 18:27:12 02/17/02 Sun

I had to say something in defense of any other newbies out there (I know I cannot be the only one of us who has just been "listening in" for the past four months). Often times threads generate so many posts, and we listen for a majority voice in the thread. There are newbies who realize that manufacturers, salespeople, pipe bands and pipers themselves have their own idea of what to suggest for $1000. Any of us in a pipe band know that the instructors or PM's will suggest one pipe over another because of their experiences. From reading this thread, and reading other threads, Naill has had many "thumbs up" votes. I would surmise Naill pipes would be a good investment. I already have pipes, and Naill they are not. But I would not have gone against my PM's direction, at any time, and order a set he didn't recommend just because of what I read on this forum. He knows how to make his pipes of choice work for the band, that is the bottom line. I cannot imagine how confusing or frustrating it would be to go through pipe purchasing without an instructor or PM to guide you. I think that was the intention of this thread's beginnings and perhaps helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. Now off to something more productive, like practice!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.