VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2] ]

The 6400 Zone image
equipment banner bar

This page lists parts that people would like to sell. Please email them if you are interested. SHIPPING NOT INCLUDED IN PRICES unless specified! (NOTE: all Ram listed as fitting or coming from a particular computer will also fit in any other Mac or Clone that uses the same size chip)

Sellers, if your items have sold, please reply to your own post with a subject line reading "Items Sold" so I can remove the posting. You may also reply to your own posting to update item listings or prices. Thanks

Buyers, I prefer that any replies be emailed directly to the seller and not posted here (click on the sellers name to email them). If you cannot email the seller for some reason then please reply to the seller here so others know there is a problem with that particular seller. Thanks

This site has 2 archive pages with listings as well. They can be accessed by clicking on the numerals "1" or "2" in the top right of this page just above the page title. Your postings will move to each page as the previous one gets filled up. After your posting has reached the last page it will eventually get bumped off. I don't know how long this process takes but it seems to be a few months for now. If you wish, you can just repost your listing if the items have not sold. If you are having any issues with this forum or want me to remove your listing early then please email me the info. Thanks and happy shopping :)

Return to the 6400 Zone Home Page

Subject: In Need of a Macintosh 5400 "All in one" Computer

Author:
Michael
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:32:23 08/19/08 Tue

I'm in need for a Power Macintosh 5400 All in one Computer. If you are trying to sell or need to get rid of that particular model, please contact me (mppitsenbarger@yahoo.com). All I ask is that there is an Operating System installed on the computer. Thnaks!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
Subject: WTB Sonnet Crescendo L2 accelerator for 6500 MB

Author:
Macdog
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 08:24:45 01/11/07 Thu

I have a color classic that i will be upgrading with a 6500 MB. I would like to buy a L2 Sonnet Crescendo G3 Accelerator for this Takky set-up. Thank you. Macdog

Subject: 6360 question

Author:
Patrick
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:57:38 12/23/06 Sat

Does anyone know if the hard drives from a 6360 and a 6400 are compatible? I have a 6360 drive that I need to get data from, but the rest of the computer is trashed. Someone offered to give me their 6400, but I don't want to take it off their hands unless I know I can swap the drive out.

OR, does anyone know where I could get an adaptor or something to run the drive and transfer the info to a newer mac? I'm kind of at a loss as to how to go about this.

Thanks!

Replies:
Subject: MacIntosh 6500 for Sale

Author:
MC
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:04:42 12/06/06 Wed

I have a Power MacIntosh 6500 with a 603ev processor running at 275 MHZ. It has 64 MB Ram with a 4 Gig HD. Everything works on the machine except the Zip drive. It comes with a Apple extended keyboard plus an external 20 MB SCSI HD.

I am located in Fairfield County Connecticut. Contact me if you are interested.

Replies:
Subject: nVidia GeForce 2 MX AGP graphics card for Mac.

Author:
Benjamin Dittman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:38:12 08/31/06 Thu

Hello,

I am selling a Geforce 2 MX AGP card for Macintosh. This card is compatible with Macs that have an AGP slot (Basically G4 towers). I upgraded the card in my G4 to a Radeon 9800 Pro Mac Edition, so I no longer need this card. A nice cheap upgrade from the Rage 128 Pro AGP card originally included in the Sawtooth G4s.

$10 plus cost of shipping.

Replies:
Subject: Macintosh Performa 6400/200 VEE Video Editing Edition

Author:
Shelly
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:11:46 11/04/02 Mon

LOOK! VERY RARE!!!!!
Macintosh Performa Power PC (VEE) Video Editing Edition
Includes: MAC OS SYSTEM 8.0 & 8.1 Re-Bootable CD-ROM Disc
The easy way to edit and publish video on your macintosh
Features:
* Avid Cinema PCI card and Video Editing Software
* High performance 200-MHz POWER PC 603e RISC processor with 256 K level 2 cache
* 32 MB of RAM, expandable to 136MB
* 2.4 gigabyte hard disk; 1.4MB floppy disc drive
* Built-in 8x-speed CD-ROM drive
* Expansion bay for a additional storage devise
* 16-bit audio recording and playback with SRS 3-D stereo surround sound and integrated dual mode sub woofer
* Built-in fax modem-sends and receives data at up to 28,800 bits per second, sends and receives faxes at up to 14,400 bits per second
* Speakerphone and digital answering machine
* Apple PlainTalk Microphone
* Six internal expansion slots (including two-7-inch PCI slots*); six external expansion ports
* AppleDesign keyboard and mouse

Includes Great Software!
Loaded with Software for Working, Learning, and Playing
Preinstalled Software
* Macintosh OS 7.5
* Avid Cinema
* ClarisWorks
* Quicken Special Edition
* America On-Line 5.0
* Apple Internet Connection Kit
* Personal Internet Launcher
* Surf watch
* Web Workshop
* MegaPhone for Performa
* Adobe Photo Deluxe
* Now Touchbase & Data Book Pro
* MacLink Plus/Easy Open Translators
* At Ease
* The American Heritage Dictionary
* Click Art Performa Collection
* MacGallery Clip Art Treasure Pak
* DOGZ Adaption Kit
Includes the following CD-ROM Discs
CD-ROM Titles
* The Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia
* Our Times
* 3D Atlas
* Mayo Clinic Family Health
* Amazing writing machine
* The American Heritage Childrenís Dictionary
* Blockbuster Guide to Movies & Videos
* Thinking Things Collection 2
* Decent
* Club KidSoft CD

Also includes the Original Box-Packaging
All Cables & Plugs
Everything that Originally came in the Original Box
Shipping Weight Approximately 40 Lbs.

See ebay Listing Number 2067219086

$250.00 or best offer

Replies:
Subject: Performa 6400/180 G3 upgrade, monitor, printer

Author:
Masterbio
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 11:56:08 08/28/06 Mon

Performa 6400/180 with L2 G3 upgrade, Apple 15in AV monitor, HP Deskwriter 600, cables, MS Office 98, MAC OS 8.6, all CDs I have for this computer will be included, some software was downloaded from internet, so there is no CD, Ethernet card, 2 hard drives- 1.6 GB and 2.0 GB (from memory), many other programs- utilities, anti-virus, etc., do not remember RAM amount, believe around 136 MB.

Buyer to pay shipping of their choice, tell me UPS, USPS, FEDEX, etc., and I'll package and ship for actual shipping cost, receipt to be included and cost of packing materials, receipt too.

For help in calculating shipping costs, my ZIP Code is 70454.

Asking $200.00, open to negotiate, shipping not included.

Thanks!!!

Replies:
Subject: VERY RARE! Apple Macintosh Performa 6400/200 EE

Author:
Shelly Sabin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:12:49 09/10/06 Sun

FOR SALE VERY RARE! Apple Macintosh Performa 6400/200 EE Model! Includes: Tower, Keyboard & Mouse. Includes all cables, original CD's Original Manuals. Works great! I only used it a few times. I am the second owner. I have had this computer for over 5 years. Best reasonable offer? email me at: sabin6@aol.com or write: S.D. Sabin, P.O. Box 2934, Winnetka, CA 91396-2934. Thank you.

Subject: FS: 6400 maxed out & spare parts

Author:
Dave Blackburn
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:18:59 08/19/06 Sat

Available:

PowerMac 6400 with everything but the TV tuner:
  • Newer Tech MaxPower 320 MHz G3 for cache slot

• 2 x 64 MB RAM

• Video I/O systems - works with analog camcorders, software was downloaded from Strata.

• Twin Turbo video card with Mac & PC jacks for 2nd monitor

• works great as solo video card, but -

• Note: must have a mon hooked up to main mon port to use video I/O boards

• zip drive

• Comm Slot ethernet

• currently has a 1 GB drive with OS 9.0

Spare parts:

• power supply

• back plate with probably bad MB on it

• another set of video i/o on same back plate

• Comm Slot modem (geoport I think)

• Comm Slot ethernet

• Another 64 MB RAM board

• 4 GB hard drive

• 18 GB hard drive

• Might be able to dig up a blank face-plate for top ZIP compartment

• Another Twin Turbo video board

• Floppy, missing its front plastic flap, ex G3

Oh, and two G3 towers: a beige 266 Minitower and a blue & white 300. And an iMac bondi WITH A SCSI CARD!!! (Cool!)
Plus a variety of SCSI cables, external SCSI drives, and other bits & pieces from older macs.
Make an offer on any of this that will make it worth my time to package and haul to the post office - or if you're in the MSP aiport region, you can pick up directly. Lighter/smaller items can ship by USPS flat rate envelopes, heavier by UPS or parcel post.

Will update message as items sell.

Replies:
Subject: Performa 6400 with Newer Technology G3 card for sale

Author:
Randy Holhut
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 10:57:14 05/07/06 Sun

A computer upgrade has left me with a spare Performa 6400. It has the full 136 MB and a Newer Technology G3/300 upgrade card.

I'll throw in the keyboard, mouse and a 17 inch Ultrasonic color monitor, but I'll be taking out the hard drive.

I'll also throw in a PowerMax 3000/180 tower for your amusement and/or parts.

If you live within reasonable driving distance of southern Vermont (Boston, Hartford, Providence), I'll deliver the machine too.

$100 or best offer.

Thanks

Subject: 6400 180

Author:
S K Kim
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:20:37 07/19/06 Wed

Cleaning house. 6400 180 with all the trimmings. Sonnet 400 upgrade, USB card, i magic graphic card, apple ethernet card, monitor adapter. Yamaha CD burner, Zip 100 drive. Original CDs with Mac OS 9 included. Keyboards, mice, trackball etc. Anybody in Honolulu can pick all up for whatever.

Replies:
Subject: The 6400 Zone Auctions!

Author:
Thomas Koons
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 22:37:48 05/26/06 Fri

Everyone...........

I've just created a Mac auction web site called The 6400 Zone Auctions!

http://auction.zone6400.com

Come on and visit and tell all your friends!

Thanks, Tom

Subject: 6500 Bundled Software available.

Author:
Benjamin Dittman
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:46:09 05/07/06 Sun

Hello all,

I have the original software restore CD for a Power Macintosh 6500, as well as the following bundled software that someone can have for the price of shipping.
($7.00):

Mayo Clinic Family Health-1996 Edition
ABC World 3D Atlas 97
1997 Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia
Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego?
Descent II
Virtual Pool 3D
Mechwarrior 2: 31st Century Combat
VR Soccer 96 3D

Replies:
Subject: FS - Newertech 300 MHz / 1 MB G3 L2 upgrade card: $35 + Shipping

Author:
John Beal
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 23:48:22 06/29/05 Wed

Hello,
I've got a Newertech G3 L2 300 MHz/1 MB upgrade card (working pull from a 6400/200) I would like to sell for $35 + shipping.

Thanks,
John Beal

johnbeal2@macmail.com

Replies:
Subject: FS: Parts from my Performa 6400/200

Author:
Alex Postpischil
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:25:44 05/11/06 Thu

So no one took me up on the offer for the Performa (see pervious post back in fall 2005) - so I've taken out the major parts... Prices negotiable, shipping varies by destination.

12GB 3.5 inch ATA Hard Drive (has OS8.1 on it)
CR-R optical drive (original from Performa)
Yamaha 6/4/16 CD-RW internal drive
Power supply
Motherboard, complete with 80+MB RAM
Speaker assembly
Wire loom
Video/sound card (original Mac)

If you are interested, please let me know.
-alex-

Subject: WTB: Altec Lansing ACS 251 subwoofer

Author:
J.C.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 15:52:33 04/11/06 Tue

Or new exact replacement speaker for same.

I do NOT want the 5 satellite speakers for this subwoofer.

Offer $20 plus USPS

J.C.

Subject: Parting out my mac 1800

Author:
reneann
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 04:42:04 10/02/05 Sun

I am parting out my mac1800 manufact stock added upgrade Sonnet Crescendo G3 card. I loved my mac-because of my new work I dont use it workes great! Any one interested in the parts? Motherboard,Crescendo card, memory,HD, any... ?

Subject: CD-ROM & Power Supply for 5400, 5500, 6400 & 6500

Author:
Tom Calvert
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 19:19:57 02/16/06 Thu

Used 24X CD-ROM drive, with SCSI interface, pulled from PM6500. Apple branded Model CR-508-C. The take-apart manual lists the Part No. as 661-1400. Works in PM/Performa 5400, 5500, 6400 & 6500.

Used Power Supply pulled from PM6500. The take-apart manual lists the Part No. as 661-1169. Works in PM/Performa 6400 & 6500.

Accepting offers. Shipping from Richardson, TX 75080

Cheers, Tom
Mac Troubleshooting, Maintenance & Tips
http://www.geocities.com/texas_macman/MacTroubleshoot.html

Subject: PM 6400/6500 24X CD-ROM & Power Supply

Author:
Tom Calvert
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 13:19:42 10/22/05 Sat

Used CD-ROM drive pulled from PM6500. Apple branded Model CR-508-C. The take-apart manual lists the Part No. as 661-1400.

Used Power Supply pulled from PM6500. The take-apart manual lists the Part No. as 661-1400.

Accepting offers. Shipping from Richardson, TX 75080

Cheers, Tom

Replies:
Subject: FS:Various Mac Parts

Author:
Jeff
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 21:17:04 10/03/05 Mon

PowerBook 45W AC Adapter M7332 $25
PowerMac G4 Case $20

Prices do not include freight. Paymant via check or money order only. Money order ships immediately, for check item is held for 10 days to allow for bank clearance.

WarHammer

Subject: Stuff for my 6400 in Argentina

Author:
Julian Burgo
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:50:26 08/11/04 Wed

Hi, I own since new -my first and only Mac until now- a Performa 6400/1800.
I would like to improve its performance but firstly needing a floppy disk (my two years old kid inserted a disk upwards!), a video card, or a new video PCI card.
Also would like to acquire memory and backup hd or zip.

Pay for shipping and else.

Thanks a lot!

Julian

Replies:
Subject: Wanted: G3 AIO Analog Board

Author:
M Miglin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:18:17 09/06/05 Tue

I have a 266 G3 AIO. It is actually a nice little (not so little) computer but it seems the analog video board is going bad. I hear popping and hissing and the computer constantly reboots. So here is the deal. If some one has a good G3 AIO analog board for sale for $30 or less (plus shipping) then drop me a line. I will buy it. If someone is interested in an otherwise good working G3 AIO with AV and 6 MB VRAM and I think it also has a USB board then it is yours for $40 plus shipping (AIO = Heavy = $$$$$). I live in southern Ocean County NJ, pick up is definitely preferable and free. Thanks.

Replies:
Subject: Performa 6400/200 free to a good home

Author:
Alex Postpischil
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 17:17:23 09/03/05 Sat

Hi all-
I've just moved for the umpteenth time and am tired of carrying around the computer that I had hoped to use again some day (I'm using a G3 right now), so it either goes to the dump or to a good home. I WILL NOT ship this computer - don't have the time or energy right now. You'll have to come pick it up (near Las Vegas, NV).

So, it's a 6400/200 with extra RAM (don't ask exactly how much, but 88MB total rings a bell). It has the hard drive from the G3 (12GB I think) and a Yamaha 6/4/16 CD-burner. It still has the Geoport internal modem. I have most, if not all, of the original CDs (OS 7x) and various other software (including the Yamaha CD with Toast). I've also got lots of cables (AppleTalk, power, etc) and you can even have the 15" AV monitor (speakers built in). The hard drive has OS 8.1 (system only I think - it's been more than a year since I've turned it on). Sorry, no keyboard or mouse, I'm using them with the G3... You can also have the external ZIP drive & cables. Can provide pictures on request.

Remember - this is free if you come pick it up!! drop me an email if you are interested.
-alex-

Subject: Wanted: TV RADIO TUNER for Performa 5400

Author:
Sean
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:41:41 08/29/05 Mon

Does anybody have an old TV RADIO tuner that would fit in the chassis of a Performa 5400?

If so, drop me an email, thanks

Sean

Subject: Selling my 1 MB L2 cache for 6400 on eBay

Author:
Sam
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:24:47 08/21/05 Sun

Selling my 1 MB L2 cache on eBay.

Works great. Just parting out my 6400.
This L2 Cache DIMM should work fine in the following machines:

* PowerMac 4400 Series
* PowerMac 5400 Series
* PowerMac 5500 Series
* PowerMac 6360 (but no other 6300 series machines)
* PowerMac 6400 Series
* PowerMac 6500 Series
* PowerMac 7220 (but no other 7200 series machines)
* Performa 5400 Series
* Performa 6400 Series
* Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh (TAM)

This L2 Cache DIMM will work with Mac Clones based upon motherboards similar to the above listed. These include: StarMax 3000, 5000; Umax C500, C600 and Power Computing PowerBase Desktop and Minitower. Sorry, but this L2 Cache DIMM is not compatible with Performa and PowerMac 5200, 5300, 6200 and 6300 series machines (except the 6360 as noted above).

Serial number as below:

IDT7MPV6290
S50M
9809AA
Ariston 1MB

Replies:
Subject: looking for an Older model for a Mac 6400 - 56k U.S. Robotics Sportster

Author:
Toni Seth
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:42:48 03/25/05 Fri

I'am looking for this older modem because it has the proper mac serial connector & they are supported by the operating system, however this computer has a Geoport and I believe I will have to take out the old 28k modem before I put in the 56k, is this correct ? I was also told that I have 2 PCI slots, so it's possible to install a USB card which would allow me to use a Modern modem, I need some advice, I'am trying to get this going for my mother who is 88 and wants to "surf" the internet- No kidding !!

Replies:
Subject: PM 6500 Parts & Other Items

Author:
Tom Calvert
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 18:52:47 07/06/05 Wed

I'm parting out a PM 6500/275. Many of these parts are interchangeable on 5400, 5500, 6360, & 6400 Macs. PM 6500/275 Specifications
http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powermac/stats/powermac_6500_275.html

Accepting offers on the following items:

1. PM 6500 User's Manual
2. ADB Mouse II (oval shape)
3. 64MB DIMM module (RAM)
4. 16MB DIMM module (RAM)
5. Processor Board Assembly
6. LC2 512K Cache Board
7. SCSI CD-ROM
8. 56K Modem, Comm II slot (with manual)
9. Power Supply
10. 4.5V Memory Battery (Qty 2, used, both measure 4.3 V)
11. Case Parts
12. Interior Cables
13. AC Power Cord
14. Floppy Drive Sled
15. Hard Drive Sled

I have some additional items, including:

1. ADB Mouse (rectangular shape; came with LC II; will work on later Macs, such as 6500)
2. ADB Keyboard (came with LC II; will work on later Macs, such as 6500; has Power button, but no Function/Esc keys)
3. Two PC100 64MB SDRAM DIMM modules pulled from a working G4 400 AGP running OS 9.2.2 & Boot ROM version 4.28. These modules will work in the early G4s up to 500MHz, prior G3s & others. (See OWC spec sheet at http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other%20World%20Computing/100SD064416/ )
4. Apple Multiple Scan 15"AV Display with integral speakers (includes manual, power cable & software) This item will be local pick-up only.
5. Apple StyleWriter II printer (black print only). http://mac.pacmeb.com/database/printers/stylew/003.html Includes the printer, serial cable, power cable, manual & software (on 4 floppies).
6. Mac Home Edition Restore CD for Power Mac 6500 - Includes OS 8.0 and the following applications: Adobe PhotoDeluxe 1.0, Acrobat Reader 3.0, American Heritage Dictionary, CD Audio Player, ClarisWorks 4.0, Click Art Connection/Cool Clip Art, Eric's Solitaire Sample, MovieTime Player (now QuickTime), RingMaster, Netscape 3.01, Claris Emailer Lite 1.1v4, Stuffit Expander 4.0.2
7. Hayes Smartmodem 2400 - 2400 baud modem. I used this on an LC II. Includes modem, power adapter, RS 232 (male DB25) to Mac serial (male 8-pin mini-DIN) cable, manuals. See photo at: http://www.geocities.com/texas_macman/modem.jpg

Shipping will be from Richardson, TX 75080. I take PayPal (non-credit card) or money orders. I (macgallery) have 100% positive feedback on eBay for 86 transactions.

Cheers, Tom

Replies:
Subject: Sonnet Cresendo 300/1M L2 G3

Author:
Tom
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:15:52 08/06/05 Sat

Want to try upgrading a Macintosh Performa 6400/180.

Replies:
Subject: Performa/Powermac 6400 AV for sale

Author:
G Hopper
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:06:08 07/28/05 Thu

Performa 6400/200. Same as powermac 6400. System works fine, has been replaced by a faster Mac. I wiped the hard disk, reinstalled the OS and made sure the system functions normally.

The Apple Performa 6400/200 features a 200 MHz PowerPC 603e processor, 16 MB of RAM, a 2.4 GB hard drive, and an SRS 3D surround sound system with subwoofer in a sleek tower case.

It comes with installed TV Tuner Card, RCA and S-Video Input Card, Internal Modem, Keyboard, ADB keyboard cable, Mouse and power cord. Will support two monitors with built in video, and second video output card (according to specs- Iíve never tried it.)

System Software includes both the original Apple System 7 disks and updates, as well as a backup of the System 8.5 install (the original system 8 disk got scratched, but the backup comes in the original envelope.)

You also get: Apple TV Tuner card
Apple RCA/S-Video Input card
Apple Internal 33.6 Fax/Modem
Farralon Internal Com Slot II Ethernet adapter
Apple Second Video Output card (not installed)

A bunch of Apple manuals related to all of the above.

I'd like $50.00 plus shipping.

I also have a External Zip drive, with 2 disks, cable and power supply for $25.00

Also, I have an ImageWriter II dot matrix printer (good for multi-part forms) that I will include free (if you are willing to pay for shipping.) and an Apple 17" display in fair condition for $25.00 plus shipping.

Specs:

Processor Type: PowerPC 603e Processor Speed: 200 MHz
Processor Upgrade: N/A FPU (Integrated): PowerPC 603e
System Bus Speed: 40 MHz Lookaside Bus Speed: 40 MHz
ROM Size: 4 MB Data Path: 64-bit
Level 1 Cache: 32k Level 2 Cache: 256k
RAM Type: 70 ns 168-pin DIMM VRAM Type: Dedicated DRAM 1.
Standard RAM: 16 MB Maximum RAM: 136 MB
Motherboard RAM: 8 MB RAM Slots: 2 2.
Standard VRAM: 1 MB 1. Maximum VRAM: 1 MB 1.
Standard Hard Drive: 2.4 GB Int. Hard Drive Type: IDE
Standard CD-ROM: 8X Standard Disk: 1.44 MB (manual)
Standard Modem: N/A Standard Ethernet: N/A
Case Type: Tower Form Factor: Performa 6400
Exp. Slots: 2 PCI, Com, Vid, TV Exp. Bays (Free): 1 (5.25") 3.
Battery Type: 4.5V Alkaline Supported MacOS: 7.5.3-8.6, 9.0
Dimensions: 16.0 x 7.8 x 16.9 4. Avg. Weight: 44.5 lbs.

Subject: FS: Triple-boot 6500 in 6200 case - BeOS, OS 9 and more

Author:
Matt Ruben
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:57:24 05/06/05 Fri

- Item shipped from Phila, PA 19123; local pickup welcome
- PayPal preferred; USPS Money Order also accepted; NO other forms of payment
- PayPal verified (355+); all-positive eBay feedback of +313 as "mattruben"

This is 5500-6500 motherboard in a 6200-6300-6360-style desktop case, with upgraded hard drive and three installed OSes.

Price: $25 plus shipping

Specs:
- CPU: 225MHz PPC 603ev
- L2 Cache: installed (256k)
- RAM: 64MB (pair of 32MB DIMMs)
- Hard Drive: Apple/Quantum 1.6GB ATA
- Optical Drive: Apple SCSI internal CD-ROM
- Operating Systems: (1) Mac OS 9; (2) Mac OS 8.1; (3) BeOS Pro 5.0.3
- Also includes Apple AV card, and AC cord for computer
- Will include Comm Slot II 33.6kbps modem on request- BUT, modem may not work under OS 9 or BeOS.

Pictures: on request

Best,
Matt

Replies:
Subject: 6400 Performa FOR SALE

Author:
DSegall
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:05:26 06/21/05 Tue

I am selling my 6400..can't believe it!!

It has a new hardrive and 72 memory
It works really well and has served me well all these years.
I am the original owner
I live in NYC Hope to sell it in person if possible
please contact me at arisingmusic@aol.com

Replies:
Subject: Free Mac Items

Author:
Tom Calvert
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 12:02:35 12/10/04 Fri

I have a variety of older Mac items that are looking for a new home (saves the landfill space). Some are free with only a small packing & handling fee plus actual shipping cost. Others are cheap with only a small packing & handling fee plus actual shipping cost. I will accept a check or money order. All items provided "as is".

Items

1. LC II Computer - I purchased this Mac new in the early 90s. It boots up and works. Has System 7.1 and several apps installed. It does need a new 3.6v memory battery. It has a 40MB HD and 6MB RAM. Includes the power cord and Getting Started Manual. See the specifications at http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_lc/stats/mac_lc_ii.html
See photo at: http://www.geocities.com/texas_macman/maclc.jpg
Price - Free
Packing & Handling - $1.50
Shipping - Actual cost

2. Microphone - Should work on any Mac.
See photo at: http://www.geocities.com/texas_macman/microphone.jpg
Price - Free
Packing & Handling - $0.50
Shipping - Actual cost

3. Epson Black Ink Cartridge - Part No. S 020189, For use with 740, 740i, 760, 860, 1160, 2000, and 2500. Marked "Use Before May 2003"
See photo at: http://www.geocities.com/texas_macman/epson.jpg
Price - Free
Shipping - Actual cost

4. Serial Cable - Can be used on printer or modem or any serial device. 6 feet long.
See photo at: http://www.geocities.com/texas_macman/serial.jpg
Price - $1.00
Shipping - Actual cost

5. Microsoft Word - Word processor; version 5.0. Includes floppies and manuals. Specifications are: Mac Plus, SE, Classic, LC, Portable - System 6.0.2 or later. (I used on PM 6500 with OS 8.6)
See photo at: http://www.geocities.com/texas_macman/msword.jpg
Price - $3.00
Packing & Handling - $1.00
Shipping - Actual cost

6. Power Cord - Fits computers and monitors; 6 feet long.
See photo at: http://www.geocities.com/texas_macman/power.jpg
Price - $1.00
Shipping - Actual cost

7. Hayes Smartmodem 2400 - 2400 baud modem. I used this on the LC II. Includes modem, power adapter, RS 232 to Mac serial cable, manuals.
See photo at: http://www.geocities.com/texas_macman/modem.jpg
Price - Free
Shipping - Actual cost

8. Kingston Ethernet PCI Card - Part number KNE 111TX/100B. I used this card in my PM 6500 to interface DSL. Also used it to network to my G4 for file transfer (you will need an Ethernet Crossover cable).
Specifications:
∑ Meets PCI Local Bus Specification, Rev. 2.0;
∑ PCI 32-bit Bus Master Architecture;
∑ IEEE 802.3u Auto-Negotiation for Automatic Selection of Data Transmission Speed;
∑ Easy Migration; Single RJ-45 Port for both 10Base-T and 100Base-TX;
∑ Support Full Duplex Operation on both 10Base-T and 100Base-TX;
∑ Support 100ohm STP/UTP Cables using Category 3, 4 or 5 for 10Mbps Mode†and
† Category 5 for 100Mbps Mode;
∑ LED Indicators for Installation Verification and Diagnostic Purpose.
Download driver at http://www.kingston.com/support/downloads/networking/kne111.asp
See photo at: http://www.geocities.com/texas_macman/enetpci.jpg
Price - $3.00
Shipping - Actual cost

9. Apple Troubleshooting Handbook - 34 pages of information on problem-solving, hard disk repair, and software installation. Says for Mac OS 8.5, but generally applies to any Mac and OS except G4, G5 and OS X.
See photo at: http://www.geocities.com/texas_macman/trblhdbk.jpg
Price - Free
Shipping - Actual cost

10. 3-Port Serial Switch - Connect up to three serial devices (printers, modems, cameras) to the switch. The cable end connects to your serial or modem port. You can switch between the devices.
See photo at: http://www.geocities.com/texas_macman/srlport.jpg
Price - $2.50
Shipping - Actual cost

You can email me at caltx[@]flash.net (remove brackets)

Cheers, Tom

Replies:
Subject: Looking for Audio/Video Card and OS 9.1 or 9.2 for 6400

Author:
Zac Z.
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:33:33 05/09/05 Mon

Any one out there have any A/V cards for a 6400/200? If you are willing to sell, I will talk price through e-mail.

Also, any one have a OS 9.1 or 9.2 install CD for same 6400/200? Let me know, I'm currently using 8.0.

Please e-mail me.
-Zac

Replies:
Subject: LC 580

Author:
Matt Campbell
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:41:16 05/04/05 Wed

i need an LC580 because i have one but there is one that i need that i am going to try putting a G3 motherboard in.

Subject: 5500,5400 Power Supply

Author:
m miglin
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 06:36:32 02/18/05 Fri

I have what I believe to be a 5400/5500 power supply. I bought what was advertised as a 5200 power supply on eBay a couple of years ago. When I took the 5200 apart I saw that the part I have was shaped correctly to fit in the power supply space but had different/more connections. I kept it around since I own a working 5500 but the 5500 will soon be donated and I don't need the power supply any longer. I haven't tested it but it looks fine (no black spots or obvious loose connections) I would be happy to send photos to anyone interested. Cost me $35, will sell for $25 +ship.

Replies:
Subject: FS: Powermac 6500/225

Author:
Ryan Card
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 07:30:16 02/20/05 Sun

Hello,

I am selling my Powermac 6500/225.

It includes the following:
225 mhz PowerPC 603e
64mg Memory
3 gig hard drive
33.6k internal modem
keyboard
mouse

I will accept $80 shipped, or make me an offer.

Thanks

Replies:
Subject: Macintosh Performa 575

Author:
Meg
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 14:27:09 04/10/05 Sun

Macintosh Performa 575 for sale. Please make offer.

Replies:
Subject: FOR SALE

Author:
ROBERT LAWSON
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 09:37:46 03/03/05 Thu

PERFORMA 6400/200(G3-400SONNETT CARD) ALSO POWERMAC 6500/225(G3-350SONNETT CARD) BOTH HAVE COMSLOT MODEM 104MEG/96MEG RAM-OS-9.1 APPLE TV/VIDEO CARD LOTS OF SOFTWARE INSTALLED ORIGINAL SYSTEM CD'S UPGRADE VIDEO CARDS BOTH IN GOOD CONDITION 110.00 PLUS SHIPPING FOR EITHER OR 200.00PLUS SHIPPING FOR BOTH. 478-737-9830 CELL. 772-219-7541 HOME

Replies:
Subject: Want to buy (powerbook with car adapter)

Author:
Charles
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 16:00:50 04/02/05 Sat

I'm looking for an old powerbook. Something with at least 256 color capabilities. But I need one with a car adapter. I plan to use this for geocaching (a sort of treasure hunting game done with Global Positioning System units) so it has to work in my truck and it will be constantly updating with information from my GPSr so running on battery power isn't an option.

If nothing else I could use a car adapter for a powerbook 140 if one was made.

I will try to check back to the forum for replies but emailing items and prices to me is the quickest way to get my attention.

Replies:
Subject: LOGIC BOARDS FOR SALE

Author:
DENNIS
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: 20:45:43 04/02/05 Sat

1 6400-200,1 6500-225, 1 6500-250 all 128mb aboard + twisted ethernet cards, no guarantees on those e-cards,all boards, and memory no doa's!160.00 for all or 65.00 each+s/h

Replies:
Main index ] [ Archives: 1[2] ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a new public message:
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

The VoyForums and The 6400 Zone will not be held responsible for the quality or misrepresentation of any item posted here. Buy and sell at your own risk!

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.