VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789[10] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:31:48 11/12/07 Mon
Author: Sharon
Subject: Re: Just got back from SSW.
In reply to: Farrah 's message, "Just got back from SSW." on 11:35:47 11/12/07 Mon

First let me say what an awesome time I had at my first ever SSW, trust me it won't be my last. Farrah, and Shelia you two are soooooooooooo much fun to be around and made it all so special for us first timers!!

Now, my recap of the weekend. Kassie was signing Friday so we went down to see her and of course she was AMAZING. She is so gracious and thoughtful to her fans. When she was through signing she saw that there were people still in line so she told them to wait a minute and she would come right back to sign autographs for them, and she did just that. I'll say it over and over again, there is no one like her she is one in a million.

Saturday we got up at 4am to make sure we were in line early enough to get a few autographs, well lord there were hundreds of people already there, unbeliveable. There were so many nice people in line and when they found out we were newbies they were very helpful and told us what to do to get to see the stars we came there to see. Although we only were able to get one autograph that day it was one that was high on my list, Ms Susan Lucci. I was so excited to just say hi to her, she was realy sweet and so beautiful. What Deb and I did the rest of the day was to figure out what we were going to do the next day to get to see at least three stars. We also walked around and took pictures of some of the stars that were signing, what a wonderful and friendly bunch of stars, we were shocked at how friendly and loving they were with the fans. One really stood out to us, that was Erika Slezak. She was so incredible with her fans. She would apologize if they had to wait too long to see her, listened to every word they had to say, and then would thank them in such a genuine way for coming to see her and the others. She made a HUGE impression on both Debbie and I.

Sunday we were there at 530 AM and was able to get a fastpass to meet, Erika Slezak, Karma De los Reyes( what a hunk)and of course our sweet Kassie. Erika was just as she was the day before, so sweet to everyone, what a class act she is!!! Kamar was sooooooooo sweet and gave everyone a hug, lord knows I didn't want to let go :) And what can I say about Kassie, she is the most wonderful, amazing, incredible and warm human being. I didn't think I could love her or belive in her and her talent anymore than I do, but I do. She just blew me away with her energy and how she was just everywhere the entire weekend, she is a very special lady with more love for her fans that I could every imagine!!!

Now a little about our awesome fan club president. She was all over the park the three days making sure everyone got a sticker and was told about Kassie's CD. Tonya is a very special person who works her butt off to make sure she does everything possible for Kassie and her fans. The amazing thing is it's all out of love, respect and belief in Kassie and her talents. We are a lucky bunch of poeple not only to have Kassie in our lives but to have Tonya also in our lives is icing on the cake.

Thank you Kassie and Tonya for being who you are, I cherish both of you!!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> I just got home from SSW.We had a blast .Kassie is 1 in million and so is Tonya,they are so precious,They worked some hard to make sure everybody had a great time and felt welcome.Like I always say we are so blessed to have Kassie and Tonya in our lives.I thank God for them being in my life everyday.I don;t have a real close family until I felt Kassie,Tonya and KDP fan Club members,we are like family.Kassie and Tonya are beautiful inside and out.They are the best.I enjoyed meeting Sharon and Debbie,Yall are so so much fun to hang arround with. -- shelia, 15:09:12 11/12/07 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Just got back from SSW. -- debbie, 05:35:49 11/13/07 Tue

Boy oh boy, you guys are all so right. This was also my first soapfest and I will definitely be back as it was a blast. I was hanging with the crazy woman Sharon, and we did learn the ropes quickly, thanks to all of the wonderful people who were helping us.

Shelia and Farrah, you girls are too much fun. Thanks for sharing not only insight as to how the whole process worked for the weekend, but also for sharing your crazy sense of humors. I loved spending time w/ both of you and can't wait to do it again. You gals are crazy.

As for Kassie, I really don't know what to add to everything that has already been posted. She is simply amazing. She was everywhere and of course, always had something to say. :) She would sign for anyone and everyone, no matter if they had a pass or not. She is probably one of the most gracious stars I have ever seen. She is always there for her fans.

And as for Tonya? Girl, I don't know how you do it. I don't think you sleep. lol She was everywhere for Kassie and then some. She has amazing energy and is so sweet to everyone she comes across and always has time for the fans. Kassie is lucky to have you and all of us fans are doubly lucky to have someone like you around. Thank you.

As for meeting some of my fav stars? It was actually overwhelming. I mean, Erica Slezak has to be one of the most humblest (don't know if that's a word or not, but it is now), stars I have ever been around. I couldn't believe that she was apologizing for us fans standing out in line at 5:30 in the a.m. I was like, but you don't understand, it's snowing in Michigan so I don't mind it at all. :) And when you are talking to her, she is really listening to what you are saying. She also allowed us to take more than one pic, which wasn't allowed at other autograph booths. What a sweetie.

And when I met Kamar - whoa, I love that man. lol He is another gracious human being with arms that are just, well, I don't even know the correct words to use here. When he was dancing up on stage during the street performer jam, I was dying. And that smile of his could melt the Michigan snow. :) Okay, enough about Karma.

All in all, it was a more amazing weekend than I could ever imagine. Kassie and Tonya are tops in my book, nobody even comes close. And for those of you who weren't able to make it this year, there's always next. You need to make it down to this amazing weekend.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Dear Debbie... you know the one that I can't remember the name that has been a great fan for what.... 6 years.... I 'm so sorry for my brain farts. I love and appreciate all you and Sharon do each year at fan fare and this year at SSW. I'm glad ya'll had a good time ... I told you you would. K -- Kassie DePaiva, 02:03:53 11/14/07 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-11
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.