VoyForums

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]2345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:01:23 01/22/03 Wed
Author: BBQfan1
Author Host/IP: cache-mtc-ah03.proxy.aol.com / 64.12.96.168
Subject: Re: 'Queing More Than One Type of Meat
In reply to: HoweeH 's message, "'Queing More Than One Type of Meat" on 19:33:25 01/22/03 Wed

Howee H:
Doing this exact same cook tomorrow! My dad is a big brisket fan and has asked me to cook one up for him at his expense. At the same time, I've been asked to bring pulled pork to a SuperBowl party on Sunday. Will do both together tomorrow; mom and dad coming in to get the brisket in the afternoon, and will keep pork in fridge til Sunday.
I am gonna cook the pork over the brisket in an indirect set up. With the ceramic Egg I will have a 250 thermo temp, some fire bricks on the grill to create indirect heat set up, then the brisket flat on a rack over a drip pan. Two firebricks on their sides will allow an elevated rack over the set up, holding another rack above where the pork shoulder will go. It's fatter and will help baste the brisket as it is lacking in fat cap to a degree.
If you like, I will take a digital picture in the morning when I put it all on the Egg so you can see exactly what my plan is (picture's worth 1000 words, as they say.....) and email it to you....You should be able to come with a comparable set up in the bullet.....
For wood I will go with a mix of apple, hickory and pecan...
Qfan

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.