VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:27:15 12/13/01 Thu
Author: reg
Author Host/IP: Montreal-ppp47927.qc.sympatico.ca / 209.226.140.176
Subject: Re: Competition question
In reply to: DarrenC 's message, "Competition question" on 10:43:49 12/13/01 Thu

hi Darren i'll try to help you if i can . yes i think it's very important to have a good presentation and you have to do it without marking . you have to provide at least six (6) individual pieces of each in the box . you are allowed to show it over lettuce and or parsley . curly usually looks the best IMHO . now if you were to stack it or say make a pattern with it , that would be considered marking . most people try to have their pieces as close together as possible , making it look as if its all one piece , and some even have pieces on the sides of the presentation to show the smoke ring . kinda like a deck of cards fanned out somewhat . the lettuce should be as uniform as possible in the box with your meat generally being centred . it sounds real easy but its not . the idea is to make the box look so good that the judge can't wait to try the product . i think you will find that the scores can be so close that if you miss on the presentation that could put you out of contention . a good knife is a must . as it gets closer to the comp season there will be lots of talk about this subject and there will be all kinds of help from everyone here . have you put a team together yet ? what are you cooking on ? usually you need more that one cooker because of the four catagories . you will need a shelter to stay out of the rain and the need to hide your beer from Qfan and Bruce lol . lots of things to think about . if you need any help at all , just shout everyone here will chip in . reg

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.