VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:43:18 12/27/01 Thu
Author: reg
Author Host/IP: Montreal-ppp47818.qc.sympatico.ca / 209.226.140.67
Subject: Re: lazy Que
In reply to: Roy Kennedy 's message, "Re: lazy Que" on 16:20:44 12/26/01 Wed

hiya Roy . a WSM is a Weber Smoky Mountain cooker . its a metal bullet type with a water pan . its a very light cooker and can be moved around with no problems . in my opinion its the best of the bullet type cookers by far , its real easy to control temps anywhere from 200 to 400+ and burn times from one load of charcoal can last up to 8 to 10 hrs + . it also comes with two racks to hold meat . the WSM retails for around $ 279.00 in Canada .
the BGE is the Big Green Egg and its a ceramic cooker . its a very heavy cooker and a little fragile for moving around , although three of the guys on our comp team brought them to compete with . you can get extremely high temps with it for grilling and also low temps for smoking . i have never run one myself but maybe a couple of the guys will chime in and help here . they have extremely long cooking times on a load of charcoal . i believe the BGE retails for around $ 1000 to $ 1200 in Canada .
the WSM fit my personal buget and is what i ended up buying last fall . i cook all winter long and i am totally happy with my choice . reg

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.