VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123 ]
Subject: Anthony Drexel Duke

Author:
John Hellman
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 06/26/08 04:37:04

My dad was on LST-530 during WWII......European and Pacific Theater. His commanding officer......Anthony Drexel Duke wrote his autobiography a year or so ago titled "Uncharted Course". It details his life growing up with a heritage of three famous American families.....Drexels, Biddles and Dukes. It also describes his time as commander of my Dad's ship during their landings at Normandy and the islands of the Pacific. He comes into contact with lots of famous folks during his life. He's around 90 years old now and has devoted a good deal of his life and good fortune to giving back to disadvantaged youth.

Just wanted to share this with the group. It may be old news as I don't check this board that often.

It's a good read and especially for me as my Dad rarely spoke about WWII.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Anthony Drexel Dukeccbenton06/26/08 23:13:07

Re: Anthony Drexel DukeGeorge Phillip Bullard (My dad was a crew member,)05/26/18 23:34:47

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-14
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.