VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123 ]
Subject: Re: In Memory of My Dad, Ernest Eugene Fuller

Author:
David Fuller
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11/14/09 06:45:27

Thank you Buddy for the reply to my post. I found your pictures a while back but after I got my dad's service record from the Records Center and found out he was on the 23 it meant a lot to see them. I think my dad was one of the 3 relief officers sent in October of 44 as his record shows he was transfered from the Enceladus on Oct 17, 1944 to the LST 23. I printed the pictures you have and sent them to a crew member of the 23 that I found. His name is Calvin Ellison and he is 84. He was on the 23 from commission to May 1945 when he and my dad got off when it returned to the States for repairs. He and his wife do not use a computer so I thought he would like to see them. He said he remembers my dad's last name. I cried and we went on to a one hour conversation. I wish I didn't live so far away (Alaska) or I would visit them. I am in the process of creating a time line of my dad's career from his service record. Some day my boys might enjoy having it. These are my two Coast Guard boys, Thomas(l) and Jason(r).

Thomas and Jason

Take care Buddy and thanks again.
Dave Fuller
dvfuller(nospam)@yahoo.com
just remove the nospam

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: In Memory of My Dad, Ernest Eugene FullerSeaBat11/14/09 06:58:41

Re: In Memory of My Dad, Ernest Eugene FullerBrian Miller03/25/17 02:07:37

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-14
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.