VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123 ]
Subject: Re: LEYTE LST'S

Author:
Ted Bakowicz (driving, golfing at 92 years)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10/13/12 21:33:11
In reply to: Archie Anderson 's message, "Re: LEYTE LST'S" on 02/12/12 10:38:21

Ted's sons often search these site looking for information on exactly Which LST Dad was on. I suspect 668 due to looking at ALL of them and matching the travel history from Hollandia to Okinawa with Dad's memory. Because like most veterens of this age, few spoke of the war to any but people who were there... we knew little until Dad was in his 70's and Tom Brocow's book and those like it came out.
Dad recently had to have a physical to renew his driver's license, both an honor and an insult ... when asked why he wished to drive ? ..." how am I supposed to get to the golf course three times a week if I can't drive. Dad was Army-Air Corps primarily loading B-25's 5th Army-Air Force, 22nd (group?)...

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-14
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.