VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123 ]
Subject: Vernon Drewa Passsing

Author:
Buddy LST 1126
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 11/15/12 06:20:44

Vernon Drewa, a shipmate of the LST 1126 passed away recently. I never met him, but had Email contact with him over the years. He was a prolific writer and connected to what was going on as well as remembering the past. He gave me information about the LST 1126 when I asked several years ago and we have stayed in touch since. He was very connected to some major personnel of the Navy and Air Force, and sent me clippings and such every now and then. He had been writing his family history; I hope he had it up to date.

I will miss getting those updates and information he sent out periodiclly. I am honored to have known him from afar even as was.

As he had requested, in liew of flowers, I made a donation in his honor to The Wounded Warriors organization.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-14
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.