VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:59:27 09/08/09 Tue
Author: ChrissieLinnit (*excited 'cause I'm going on holiday*)
Author Host/IP: 86.163.203.162
Subject: Where are the cast and writers today? MERCILESS (but harmless) GOSSIP PLEASE

I'm off on holiday tomorrow... three weeks in Mexico!! *scary images of Chrissie dancing nekkid around a sombrero* So I thought I'd try to prod a little thred out of you hangers around for whilst I'm away...

What are the cast and crew doing these days? Any of them in new series/films? Has Whedon written again? Did Amber Benson make any more movies or write more comics? Which one's attend Cons?

I stumbled over a whole bunch of YouTube clips James Marsters had uploaded of him and his son performing acoustic songs. He had a bit part in a film with Lisa Kudrow (Friends), cameo roles in Smallville and Torchwood but not much else, did he? I know he's been in the UK several times doing music gigs.

David Borneaz is in Bones...

But, I've lost touch with:
Sarah Michelle Gellar
Nicholas Brendan
Alyson Hannigan
Anthony Stewart Head
Juliet Landau
Kristine Sutherland
Charisma Carpenter
Michelle Trachtenberg
Emma Caulfield
Amber Benson
Mark Blucas
Seth Green
James Leary (Clem)

And, the writers: Steven de Knight, Jane Epenson, Marti Noxon, David Fury, David Greenwalt, Rebecca Rand-Kirshner, Doug Petrie, probably others and that little known geek with a dad who wrote for the Lucille Ball Show - Joss Whedon!!

Come on Boardies... GOSSIP

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> So many things to tell you -- RJA, 16:22:28 09/08/09 Tue [1] (86.1.70.139)

About some - have no idea of the others.

Sarah Michelle Gellar - in a hew HBO show called the Wonderful Maladies, not sure when its out though. She's also pregnant. Ahhhh.

Alyson Hannigan - in a sitcome called How I Met Your Mother, with Jason Segal and Neil Patrick Harris. Just started watching it and I surprisingly like it

Juliet Landau - She's writing a Drusilla comic, and has also directed a short film about Gary Oldman, apparently.

Michelle Trachtenberg - in a new show about nurses called Mercy, which looks awful.

Jane Espenson was writing for Battlestar Galactica, and is writing the spinoff, Caprica. Of them all, she's probably been doing the best work. Think Fury writes for 24, while Steven De Knight was on Smallville. Perhaps?

Joss has been doing good things within the last year, after some silence. He did an internet thing called Dr Horrible's Sing-along Blog with Felicia Day (Vi, one of the potentials), Neil Patrick Harris and Nathan Fillion (Mal from Firefly) - was a 40 minute musical internet sensation, well worth downloading.

He has also got a new show with Eliza Dushku, called Dollhouse which is pretty great, although started off slowly. Difficult to explain but it's kind of about mindwiped sex slaves, but not as grim as it sounds. Also had Alan Tudyk (Wash from Firefly) for a few episodes, with Amy Acker as a recurring guest and she was great. Next season should also see Alexis Denisof and Summer Glau appear, so well worth watching also.

Have a great time in Mexico!

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Michelle is also going to appear in a few episodes of "Gossip Girl" -- Michael, 08:13:22 09/09/09 Wed [1] (148.129.71.52)

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Where are the cast and writers today? MERCILESS (but harmless) GOSSIP PLEASE -- Ripper, 09:06:02 09/09/09 Wed [1] (141.222.17.15)

Charisma Carpenter is working on a movie written by (and starring) Sylvester Stallone, titled "The Expendables." From what I hear, it's got a major cast...including a cameo appearance by the Governator (Arnold).

Not really a big Sly fan, but I will definitely check this one out when it arrives in theaters.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I like the way both Arnie & Sly are both cool about parodying themselves. -- ChrissieLinnit, 15:33:12 09/09/09 Wed [1] (86.136.111.217)

Charisma is a good straight woman in a gag scene, too. I hope it's voilently funny!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Also, Eliza Dushku is in a movie airing on SyFy -- Michael, 18:59:25 09/10/09 Thu [1] (69.143.225.215)

Called "Open Graves". The description in TV Guide says "A group of American students in Spain stumbles across a sinister board game." First airs Saturday 9/19 at 9 pm (Eastern time zone).

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Where are the cast and writers today? MERCILESS (but harmless) GOSSIP PLEASE -- tweedisgood - yep, really, blimey it's been an age, 19:25:32 09/22/09 Tue [1] (86.158.61.244)

Tony Head: if you watch teatime TV on a Saturday, you'll know he's in 'Merlin' as King Uther in some lovely robes marching around being stern...still heavily involved in charity work and not-Mrs-Tony's horsey work as well as sundry guest spots in sundry series and appearing onstage as Prospero in 'The Tempest' in Bermuda of all places. Tres jammy.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Where are the cast and writers today? MERCILESS (but harmless) GOSSIP PLEASE -- Young at Heart, 22:11:24 12/14/09 Mon [1] (98.112.56.70)

Julie Benz, of course, is in Dexter or....(spoiler alert) was anyway.

This is kind of late so by now I'm sure all have heard that Sarah's little girl was born; Charlotte Grace, love the name.

Nick Brendon can be seen from time to time on Criminal Minds as Garcia's sometime boyfriend.

To me, Aly is the only worthwhile thing on HIMYM.

but he did a nice turn on a cable TV movie based on a book by Jane Austen.

James did an acceptable turn on Numbers sometime back as the 'what else' villian.

Seth hit the big screen, again, in Old Dogs; heard it was simply awful.

Which is going to lead me to another post in the present:

Something about why TV stars leave TV and whether they move on or not.

YAH

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.