VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:54:01 07/21/05 Thu
Author: Shane
Author Host/IP: 24.7.160.233
Subject: James new job.

Hey guys.

I am sure it swirling around.

But from one of the Smallville sites spoiler sources,I have heard not only is James going to be in a some eps of Smallvile,but that he will be playing his Father.

Yes, his real Dad Jor-el. The one who's voice has told Clark for the past few seasons, he must rule the world, that he has a destiny, who tried to kill Pa kent and made it so Pa has a weak heart, and who has tried to drive Clark toward his krypton heritage and away from the Kents.

This is the series talk James has been talking about. Good for him.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Mmm -- Chani, 13:06:13 07/21/05 Thu [1] (81.65.9.39)

I can't say that I am not disappointed...

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Mmm -- Shane, 13:22:18 07/21/05 Thu [1] (24.7.160.233)

There were rumors that it was ZOD, an evil guy from his homeworld. But with the movie/show being connected by some aspects, Zod would only meet him the 2nd movie and be the motivation for him leaving earth to look for his own kind.

There a figure in the wall.. That is who he is playing.

Brainiac was one they were throwing aorund, but not only is he green and bald, he can not die or be defeated in Smallville, or they would never be able to use him in the movies.

The Eradicator. He came back after Supes dies all those years ago. He was the cybernatic computer determined to make all life kryptonian.

And

Jor-el. Whom has been hinted at for years and we have only heard the voice of. It amkes more sense with the new bad threat coming, he would step forward to help his son, now that all the pieces are in place with the krystals and the Fortress of Solitude was discovered. Where Jor-el would reside

[ Edit | View ]

[> Hmm. -- sister_ray, 13:23:51 07/21/05 Thu [1] (83.129.60.158)

This has been making the rounds, but so far I classify it as a rumour. I'll wait for confirmation.
Smallville isn't really my cup of tea - I've been fairly unimpressed with the few bits I've seen (from the first or second season).

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I'm right with you -- Chani, 14:01:30 07/21/05 Thu [1] (81.65.9.39)

I don't watch that show and not sure I'm going to even with James in it...

Besides I've heard it's a dying show.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: I'm right with you -- Shane, 14:07:30 07/21/05 Thu [1] (24.7.160.233)

Smallville will be ending on it's own accord this year. It was always only going to be five years. That was announced last year.

They do not want Smallville and the new Superman movie to be happening at the same time.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Buffy should have ended after the 5th season as well IMHO -- Christian, 15:22:55 07/22/05 Fri [1] (209.240.205.62)

At least "Smallville" knows when to end it.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> My suspicion... -- Michael, 07:37:08 07/23/05 Sat [1] (66.44.103.144)

Is that if the WB's new "swing for the fences" schedule actually works, Smallville will be back for Season 6. And it might even be more likely to return if the new schedule DOESN'T work (at least if Smallville isn't the main point of failure).

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> I hope it doesn't go that route. I hope it goes out on top at season 5. -- Christian, 10:45:34 07/23/05 Sat [1] (209.240.205.62)

[ Edit | View ]

[> The catch is... -- Moscow Watcher, 15:33:29 07/21/05 Thu [1] (83.237.16.231)

...that in season 3 Jor'El has been played by Welling himself (in flashback scenes)

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

(of course, writers can "forget" about it... :)

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: James new job. -- Shane, 16:09:06 07/21/05 Thu [1] (24.7.160.233)

Yes that was when he came to earth to earth for the first time. Like in the 50's.

It is YEARS later that then he meets Lara and has clark. And about another when he then has to send clark to earth.

He would have changed and age by then. So the person we see in the wall, would be the older version of his dad, not younger like Welling.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Another source saying.. Brainaic -- Shane, 16:44:08 07/21/05 Thu [1] (24.7.160.233)

My source says that one of her other sources has emailed her with another possibilty.Word has leaked through the mod community of the Smallville boards that it is in no way Jor-El.

He is saying Brainaic. But not green and bald. And that he will give Clark pause to go against both the Kents and Jor-El.

He is saying 10 eps. And that this guy is as evil as the come.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Another source saying.. Brainaic -- Shane, 18:22:41 07/21/05 Thu [1] (24.7.160.233)

Here is what the producers describe the new threat as:

A new villain will be introduced in Season 5 that "will even give Lionel Luthor pause."

Lionel is very evil and would sacrafice his son for his goals....Brainiac will be evil

[ Edit | View ]

[> The good news... -- Moscow Watcher, 18:23:11 07/21/05 Thu [1] (83.237.16.231)

.. it'll be fun! Spoilers and dissection of a cheesy campy show with a lot of characters' backstory.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: The good news... -- Shane, 18:57:55 07/21/05 Thu [1] (24.7.160.233)

I am doubting fans of Smallvile will apreciate your dig at their show. They do not see it as cheesy or campy. Some eps sure, but not the show or it's mythos.

The bad guys before have not been cheesy or campy. Infact the have been downright evil.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Wronda..as usual -- Shane, 22:20:48 07/21/05 Thu [1] (24.7.160.233)

My god, I wonder if this woman get tired of reading how wrong she is. It has got to hurt to nevrr have the correct scope

Seriously wrong.

Jm will be on Smallville.

NOW IF Dean Cain were to be there, it would be one Ep and I would say he is going to be GL. Green latern

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Dean Cain as Green Lantern? That would be cool! Shane -- Christian, 15:25:54 07/22/05 Fri [1] (209.240.205.62)

do you ever visit the site "DC Comics Meesage Board"? I go there all the time and I love it! Check it out some time if you are a DC Comics fan.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> And the thing is I am a "Smallville" fan and don't appreciate the digs. -- Christian, 15:20:19 07/22/05 Fri [1] (209.240.205.62)

And even more funny is how on this board almost everyone makes fun of other shows bein campy, cheesy ie: Charmed but "Buffy" for all intents and purposes has been the exact ame thing "cheesy" and "campy".

I don't watch Veronica Mars and you have not seen me poke fun at it. Although that show is not my cup of tea but still I won't throw digs at it.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> I don't think so Christian -- Chani, 13:24:08 07/26/05 Tue [1] (81.65.9.39)

we all have different perceptions, but Buffy was nothing like "Charmed" IMO. I tried to watch "Charmed" or "Smallville" and I just couldn't.

It is a Buffy board so we aren't here to discuss or diss other shows unless there's a reason to talk about them. I don't usually mention series I dislike. But I love JM and I'm disappointed. I don't think that all the shows are the same and that it would be only a matter of likes and dislikes. IMO some shows are more refreshing, sophisticated and better written than others. Call me an elitist if you want.

"The Mountain" for instance was just awful and I think that "Andromeda" is overall pretty lame (JM was in an epsiode too).

I know that many posters were into "Lost" and I'm currently watching season 1. It's entertaining, there are good things but it doesn't reach at all the level of Buffy IMO. I may be hooked on Nip/Tuck, but I would never say it's the same quality as Buffy was.

Joss created something very special. I guess it ruined many other tv shows for a lot of us.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Or rather -- Chani, 13:28:19 07/26/05 Tue [1] (81.65.9.39)

it ruined a lot of us for many other shows!LOL

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Well, you might be right, to me the 1st 5 seasons of Buffy were CLASSIC but it lost something after -- Christian, 22:32:54 08/03/05 Wed [1] (209.240.205.62)

[ Edit | View ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.