VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 06:27:04 07/26/05 Tue
Author: Chani
Author Host/IP: 81.65.9.39
Subject: I disagree, he was pretty smart but usually too impulsive
In reply to: Christian 's message, "Spike knew about demons but alas he wasn't very bright." on 19:14:32 07/25/05 Mon

which ruined everything he had planned/worked out.

He figured things out quickly ("Something Blue"), he fooled Angelus in "Becoming" while keeping Giles alive, and in "The Yoko Factor" he knew to play the Scoobies.

Actually Spike was the most intelligent vampire we have seen on screen. He usually pointed out that the vampires around had no brain (except Dalton!). He managed to escape from Glory's torture (she wasn't that bright for a goddess)thanks to his intelligence.

Spike embodied what The greek called METIS and that we could translate as "the tricks of intelligence" (Ulysses was a perfect example of that).

It's a shame they showed him in the early episodes of Ats s 5 as if he were a stupid brat. But I guess it was a question of perspective then.

William was educated and Spike had a good working brain, but he was passionate and impatient.

I don't think a vampire would have killed 2 Slayers and survived that long, while always seeking the creatures meant to destroy him, if he were not bright...

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> I think there is a difference between "dumb" and "not bright" -- Christian, 15:44:35 07/26/05 Tue [1] (209.240.205.62)

But remember if he was that intelligent as everyone claims then why did he continue to pursue Buffy in eason 6? Forget mattersof the heart here. Not beating.

And the Slayers he killed as Spike says they had a "death wish".

No one says he's stupid just not one with the highest IQ. I put him in the category with Faith in the "brains" department.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: I think there is a difference between "dumb" and "not bright" -- Chani, 17:21:30 07/26/05 Tue [1] (81.65.9.39)

why did he continue to pursue Buffy in eason 6?

Huh?

I don't understand...He didn't pursue her at the beginning of the season...then she kissed him twice and jumped his bones. He knew she wanted him and he was in love. He let her mistreat him but very intellingent people are sometimes in abusing relationships.

As for the Slayers he killed I could reply that he was intelligent enough to see that they had a "death wish", soemthing that maybe none else had figured out...

As for not being bright well I gave you examples of him being bright enough sometimes.

As for Faith, well I'm sorry but I can't think of any example of her being bright actually. Hey don't hit me, you're the one who brought her on!

I would have brought Buffy myself because Willow said precisely that she wasn't that bright. I do think that Buffy was intelligent though. She seemed to be a brainless Valley Girl, but it was like her stupid name, pure red herring.

Now Harmony, she was not bright indeed.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Spike fans never cease to amaze me. But I luv ya anyway. -- Christian, 18:10:26 07/26/05 Tue [1] (209.240.205.62)

And you said "Spike let Buffy abuse him" that's not bright hunny. No bright at all.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Le coeur a des raisons que la raison ignore! -- Chani, 18:17:49 07/26/05 Tue [1] (81.65.9.39)

;- )

[ Edit | View ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.