VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:53:44 07/26/05 Tue
Author: exoticmushroom
Author Host/IP: 81.76.31.199
Subject: Please don't bring demon egss into this. *shudders*
In reply to: Rosie 's message, "Spike's Not That Sharp?" on 17:28:04 07/25/05 Mon

Sorry but that episode was such a steaming pile of donkey doo. You could drive a juggernaut through the plot holes. Only an idiot, and I'm talking on the show here not posters, would believe Spike was the Doctor.

After he was chipped he still Yoko Factored them. He's smart. The writers screwed up and then used Spike to get them out of a hole. This made Spike look a little bit daft. It annoyed me.

He's not Einstein, no-one is saying he is. But he is so far from being a dummy.

I love Spike and the fact that I do is the reason that his dumbing down on some occasions really p*ssed me off.

It's the implication that he's a dumb blonde that irritates the most.

EM

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> It wasn't a plothole.The writers were trying to say he needed a "SOUL" -- Christian, 15:58:58 07/26/05 Tue [1] (209.240.205.62)

I think it's some fans who hated this episode trying to say "it wasn't in Spike's character" but in the end it was. So say the writers who created him.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> I don't think it's the problem, Christian -- Chani, 17:35:11 07/26/05 Tue [1] (81.65.9.39)

and the AR scene in SR showed that he needed a soul.

The problem with the Eggs is...well if you think of all the times Buffy used to go into his crypt without asking, keeping those eggs in his bedroom (which she knew so well since they were still lovers at the time) would have been EXTREMELY STUPID! Buffy was there all the time, shagging him. That didn't make any sense!

Now I think that Spike was totally capable of being involved in such deal to make easy money. But the eggs in his crypt was one of the few examples of bad writing.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> LoL! See Spike isn't so bright! I rest my case! ;) -- Christian, 18:12:47 07/26/05 Tue [1] (209.240.205.62)

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Re: LoL! See Spike isn't so bright! I rest my case! ;) -- Rosie, 18:22:41 07/26/05 Tue [1] (170.97.67.91)

Based upon one incident, you have judged Spike completly stupid. Have you done the same with the other "bright" characters who have committed stupid acts? Like Giles?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> I think that Christian was kidding -- Chani, 18:25:32 07/26/05 Tue [1] (81.65.9.39)

Because seriously even Harmony wouldn't have kept demon eggs in the very place where the Slayer came to...exercise (in Gone and Dead Things the shag session occured precisely in the basement of the crypt).

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> As far as the hiding place is concerned... -- Michael, 19:20:23 07/26/05 Tue [1] (66.44.104.129)

Spike probably figured Buffy could do her ... exercising on the main floor until he got rid of the eggs.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Unlikely -- Chani, 04:49:26 07/27/05 Wed [1] (81.65.9.39)

Buffy was the one who chose when, how and where...

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Except... -- Michael, 07:23:32 07/27/05 Wed [1] (148.129.74.43)

If Spike stays on the main floor when Buffy is around, she doesn't have any particular reason to enter the basement.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> He was on the main floor in "Gone" when she arrived -- Chani, 10:17:38 07/27/05 Wed [1] (81.65.9.39)

but they ended up downstairs!

I know I'm so stubborn...Mwahahhaaa

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Yeah, that's usually what the smiley, winky thing means :-) -- Eurydice, 20:17:22 07/26/05 Tue [1] (151.203.54.109)

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> I was only kidding, -- Christian, 18:43:15 07/31/05 Sun [1] (209.240.205.62)

I am sorry if it come off as offensive.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: It wasn't a plothole.The writers were trying to say he needed a "SOUL" -- exoticmushroom, 18:11:03 07/26/05 Tue [1] (81.76.31.199)

Not denying he was involved with the eggs. He was holding them. But there is no way on God's green Earth that he was the Doctor, International Demon Egg Smuggler - from a dank crypt with no phone and stolen electricity. Please. Really. *rolleyes*

He didn't have the means. He didn't have the connections either as what with him killing demons they weren't too fond of him anymore. It just simply is not a logic or believable plot. Plus, in an official book, granted not canonical but definitely approved, Cursed it states that Spike was not the Doctor.

EM

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> He didn't have "connections"? Are you serious? -- Christian, 20:05:27 08/03/05 Wed [1] (209.240.205.62)

Funny since he made the "connection" to get a "soul".

Sometimes I scare even myself when I make the connection. LoL!

[ Edit | View ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.