VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:41:20 07/28/05 Thu
Author: Eurydice
Author Host/IP: 151.203.54.45
Subject: Well, he might be right
In reply to: justmytwocents 's message, "Prinze says no SMG in Buffy role" on 19:17:55 07/28/05 Thu

But the reason he gives is pretty stupid. Just because the original 1992 movie wasn't so good doesn't mean that a Buffy movie today would have the same problems. Now it would be coming out of a successful series, with a well-known actress, with a writer/director who's got experience and clout, and with a ready-made, world-wide audience.

But if SMG doesn't want to do it and/or Joss has nothing more to say about Buffy, those are reasons which make sense to me.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Prinze says no SMG in Buffy role -- Karmina, 21:59:57 07/28/05 Thu [1] (132.208.28.171)

What he says is nothing really new, SMG has always publicly stated that she has reservations about doing a movie but she never closed the door completely. Privatlely, she might of told him that she never wants to play Buffy again. What she says in public and what she really thinks is two different things. However, I don't think it's his place to contradict her in the media.

And Eurydice is right. You can't compare the old movie with any possible future movie.

But what really bugs me is when he seems to talk for Joss, what does he know about what Joss plans for the future. There doesnt seem to be any communication between Joss and SMG. Also, it's no secret that Joss is busy with other things and that any BtVS|Ats projects are not for the near future. Ang again he never closed the door on a future movie. So I guess I'm going to be an optimist and hope we get something in the future.

Karmina

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Joss vs. Freddy -- silveragent, 02:00:59 07/29/05 Fri [1] (63.199.111.93)

Joss and Freddy basically traded barbs across interviews. Freddy stated that SMG would have re-upped for Buffy if she had been properly appreciated for her sacrifices and creative input. Joss responded by mocking FPJ's career and absence on the set of Buffy.

The of course there's the Entertainment Weekly Interview with Sarah at the end of S7, in which she detailed her unhappiness with the public sex scene with Spike in the Bronze, other things in S6. The words traded in S5 during Buffy's renewal negotiations (Sarah said she didn't want to do Buffy if it left WB; Joss responded by threatening to fire her and replace her with Eliza and "Faith the Vampire Slayer"). Sarah in recent interviews lamented the lack of screen time for Xander, and lack of Buffy-Xander-Willow friendship in S6 and S7.

While I don't think Sarah should have opined on the renewal negotiations, I think Joss over-reacted and needlessly embarrassed his star. I don't think his creative direction in S6-7 was particularly good, and his handling of Sarah's concerns was not artful, particularly since she is a lot more important to the Buffyverse than say, James.

I don't think Sarah or Joss hate each other, but I don't think they are anxious to work together, or will work together again ever, and Freddy's words reflect that. Which is a pity because the team of Joss, Sarah, Greenwalt, and folks like Batali and Des Hotel and Noxon and Espenson put together some of the best TV around in S1-3. When they were all on the same page.

Freddy is probably being a good husband and sticking the needle into Joss a bit; Joss wrote the Buffy movie and it was a flop.

[ Edit | View ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.