VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 22:21:01 07/28/05 Thu
Author: ProfoundlyStupid
Author Host/IP: 24.103.79.194
Subject: LOL. Sugar and spice and bacon. Yup, makes sense to me. ;-)
In reply to: Clairel 's message, "BtVS novel "Spark and Burn" (spoilers for the novel, but it's non-canon anyway!)" on 19:42:31 07/28/05 Thu

The closest I come to reading Buffyverse fanfic, novels, or comics is when I read these synopses which, from what I've seen so far, are more entertaining (and cheaper too). I refuse to let anyone else horn in on my fantasy scenarios. For instance, I know the *real* reason Spike doesn't want to kill Joyce. When Spike first encounters Joyce (in the Summers' front yard in Becoming), Joyce echoes almost exactly what Spike's own mother said to him when she first saw Drusilla. Both mothers express worry over where their offspring have been. Spike's mother says "Who is this woman?" And Joyce says "Who is this man?" The similarities are just eerie. You can almost see the predatory gleam disappear from Spike's eyes when Joyce says that. Oh yes, it's just so obvious that Spike sees his own mother in Joyce, and Spike, being evil but still something of a mamma's boy, would never think of harming his mother's mirror image. Being impressed with Joyce's courage? Hah, utter nonsense! *My* reasoning is so much more reasonable. :-)

Now I'll just go away for a bit and think of more ways to demonstrate my superior grasp of the Buffyverse. ;-)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> LOL. Sugar and spice and bacon. Yup, makes sense to me. ;-) -- ProfoundlyStupid, 22:22:29 07/28/05 Thu [1] (24.103.79.194)

The closest I come to reading Buffyverse fanfic, novels, or comics is when I read these synopses which, from what I've seen so far, are more entertaining (and cheaper too). I refuse to let anyone else horn in on my fantasy scenarios. For instance, I know the *real* reason Spike doesn't want to kill Joyce. When Spike first encounters Joyce (in the Summers' front yard in Becoming), Joyce echoes almost exactly what Spike's own mother said to him when she first saw Drusilla. Both mothers express worry over where their offspring have been. Spike's mother says "Who is this woman?" And Joyce says "Who is this man?" The similarities are just eerie. You can almost see the predatory gleam disappear from Spike's eyes when Joyce says that. Oh yes, it's just so obvious that Spike sees his own mother in Joyce, and Spike, being evil but still something of a mamma's boy, would never think of harming his mother's mirror image. Being impressed with Joyce's courage? Hah, utter nonsense! *My* reasoning is so much more reasonable. :-)

Now I'll just go away for a bit and think of more ways to demonstrate my superior grasp of the Buffyverse. ;-)

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Sorry about the double post. Voy told me it couldn't post the first time. It's Voy's fault! -- ProfoundlyStupid, 22:27:12 07/28/05 Thu [1] (24.103.79.194)

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> It's all that brown sugar, hickory smoked bacon - clogs the arteries -- Eurydice, 22:33:45 07/28/05 Thu [1] (151.203.52.81)

And now I'm totally shipping Spike/Sven - have a little trouble with the shorthand, though....Svike? Spen? Hmmmmm.....

[ Edit | View ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.