VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:58:17 07/30/05 Sat
Author: Christian
Author Host/IP: 209.240.205.62
Subject: Re: I forgot to add that......
In reply to: Christian 's message, "I think it has alot to do with events of season 6..." on 20:51:45 07/30/05 Sat

I don't think anyone would want a movie of the "verse" tht DIDN'T include any of the main characters ie: Buffy/Angel.

Secndary characters like Spike, Faith and Willow just won't work. IMO

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> [> [> I guess I'm a little confused then -- Eurydice, 22:00:26 07/30/05 Sat [1] (141.154.22.206)

Because I never thought there was ever any serious talk about a Buffyverse feature film, except maybe by the fans. All the chatter I've heard has been about TV movies and I think that secondary characters could carry one of those - it wouldn't cost as much and the target audience would be right there - and quite frankly, I think it would be more interesting to explore characters we don't know as much about than the two we know everything about.

I think that might be part of the reason why Serenity made it to feature status - it's the beginning of a franchise with new characters who have yet to be explored and there's already a devoted fan base - there's a lot of room for growth, not so much for Buffy and Angel.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Serenity is in a totally different arena. SCIFI -- Christian, 15:53:49 07/31/05 Sun [1] (209.240.205.62)

And Firefly lasted like what 6, maybe 7 episodes before FoX cancelled it? Not enough time to really get into the characters 100% or their stories. Totally different from Buffy in every aspect.

I do agree with you that Buffy's story is quite done. I think all of their story is quite done which is why a spinoff is really a moot point.

As I said before they'll need to re-start the franchise with a bunch of "NEW" characters. And that will take awhile.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> That was my point -- Eurydice, 17:46:47 07/31/05 Sun [1] (141.154.26.135)

It doesn't matter if Firefly is sci-fi, when you're putting money into genre you want it to be at the beginning of a potential franchise, not at the end. Firefly was on FOX only very briefly, but it sold a gazllion DVDs and since then the fan base has grown. The fan base can grow even more as the story and characters develop -not to mention that there'll be a new market for all the ancillary merchandise.

[ Edit | View ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.