VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 22:08:19 07/30/05 Sat
Author: deanna b
Author Host/IP: 209.179.146.197
Subject: What, suddenly people can't multitask???
In reply to: Christian 's message, "Umm after Serenity he will be concentrating on "Wonder Woman"" on 21:16:48 07/30/05 Sat

Many producers work on more than one thing at a time. True, Joss spread himself too far when he was working on Buffy, Angel, Firefly, writing Fray, and becoming a new father at the same time, plus whatever else he had going, but any project like Wonder Woman is going to be stop and go until it's ready to film. After all, it hasn't even been cast yet! So, especially since Joss is going to have other ME people write the script and direct it, and he probably has the basic story worked out and already has the script written for the Ripper movie, producing a Buffyverse or Angelverse movie or two or four shouldn't be a problem.

And I've been at several panels at conventions where Joss has been asked about continuing the Buffyverse, and watched his face when he's answered, and I'm convinced he's sincere that he really wants to do the movies. And I watched SMG's face when she was asked, and I was convinced that she really doesn't want to do a movie, and she's just giving lip service. Joss never wavered in his answer and looked directly at the audience, while SMG hemmed and hawed before giving a "Well, maybe" answer while looking down. So I'd say that it's Joss being a "diehard fan" who "can't let go" who doesn't want to say goodbye to either of the universes he's created. He's just playing in his Serenity universe first before coming back to his Buffy universe.

And what is BC&S for if not for "diehard fans"? If we weren't, if we could "let go" so easily, we wouldn't still be posting on boards for a television series that ended two years ago, would we? The original Star Trek's diehard fans who wouldn't let go was the reason that they got several movies, four spinoff series and an animated series, plus numerous comics, novels, etc. before their franchise finally sputtered and died (at least temporarily). So, if we "diehard fans" get our movies, are you saying that you won't watch them? You REALLY don't WANT movies? If you watch them and like them, you won't thank those who wouldn't let go, thereby making the movies possible?

And when has any of the actors doing a series ever prevented them from filming a movie? Scooby Doo, Valentine, the American Pie movies, Chance, and lots of other movies were made during the active runs of BtVS and AtS, often while episodes were still being filmed. I'm not saying that an Angel movie is definite, but if there's a theatrical movie, I think it's much more likely to be an Angel movie (or an Angel/Spike buddy movie) than a Buffy movie. You're getting things slightly confused between the Angel questions at the Fox panel and what he said at the panel about walking out of a meeting with the producers of his new series because they only wanted to talk about Angel, but he has restated twice in the last week that he'd like to do a big-budget Angel movie on the big screen, while at the same time SMG has apparently stated, through her husband, that she really doesn't want to do it. Take that for what it's worth. But TV-movies are definitely first.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> [> Of course "he can multitask' but it's what made Buffy and Angel suffer in the end. -- Christian, 00:15:46 07/31/05 Sun [1] (209.240.205.62)

Like you have said he "spread himself too thin" which made him tired and made his other work, (which made him a household name) Buffy and Angel suffer in the writing and direction wich in turn made many fans not watch which in turn made the series lose in the ratings. So, was the multitasking worth it in the end? I guess not.

"Wonder Woman" seems to be a big budget movie and I am betting that Joss Whedon wants to do EVERYTHING he can to make that a HUGE success fr him to put him on the map at least and garner him the respect he wants in the "movie industry". TV and Feature Films are both different arenas.

Now I am a big fan, I loved both Buffy AND Angel dearly making "Faith the Slayer" my ALL time favoite character but I don't want to get my hopes up. I have had 8 great years of watching both shows but I honestly don't see a future verse with ANY of the original characters, mainly Buffy/Angel. They will have to re-start the verse with "new" characters IF and When Joss decides to go back to it.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> *CoughcoughFraycoughcough* -- AW, 14:46:11 07/31/05 Sun [1] (4.158.78.187)

...I just think it'd make a good place to restart and they could connect the missing 200 years since it was originally a spinoff of the ending concieved at the S5 death thingy.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Yes "Fray" would be a good place to start BUT -- Christian, 15:24:51 07/31/05 Sun [1] (209.240.205.62)

I think Tonia is talking about the more recent characters. I think fans want to see/know what happened to their favorite characters after their Apocolypses.

Trying for a movie with a whole new character will be a tough sell. Right now anyway.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Good point NT -- AW, 23:49:11 07/31/05 Sun [1] (4.158.78.181)

[ Edit | View ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.