VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 22:36:35 07/31/05 Sun
Author: Eurydice
Author Host/IP: 141.154.26.135
Subject: He couldn't have destroyed it if it came back
In reply to: Christian 's message, "Well, Joel Shumacher did actually destroy the franchise in "Batman and Robin"" on 21:08:11 07/31/05 Sun

Yes, people were saying that George Clooney wasn't right or that various backstories were wrong or the direction sucked or whatever, but all those comments were about the movie, not about the character. I don't hang at DC message boards but on the other boards I've been to I never saw people saying that they'd lost all respect for Batman or that he was a immoral or a hypocrite - if there was anything bad to say it was directed at the filmmakers cuz everybody *knows* that Batman isn't really like that.

People are willing to separate the character from the filmmaker in a way that they're not willing to do with Joss and Buffy, and I think that's because Joss actually created Buffy. There isn't any authentic Buffy apart from what Joss has written, so when he makes her do something we don't like, that's not some guys interpretation, that's really what she is.

Joss didn't create Wonder Woman, so even if he shows us something new and improved and utterly crappy, he won't have destroyed her - we can always go back to the original and start again.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Damn you 4 making the sense girl! Time for a duel! -- Christian, 02:32:45 08/01/05 Mon [1] (209.240.205.62)

Oh just for get it you'll just wind up winning anyway ol' ways.

CURSES Foiled again!

HUGS!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> [> Actually he didn't destroy it COMPLETELY, but he really damaged for awhile -- Christian, 17:53:08 08/01/05 Mon [1] (209.240.205.62)

I mean it took 8 years for them to come back with another one that 95% of the audience truly enjoyed.

[ Edit | View ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.