VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:03:52 08/01/05 Mon
Author: Leoff
Author Host/IP: 64.107.133.125
Subject: Probably won't see anything.
In reply to: deanna b 's message, "I think we just have to wait until after Serenity opens" on 20:57:25 07/30/05 Sat

Joss has said more than once in the last year that if TPTB wants a Spike movie, he'd arrange to make that happen. He probably wouldn't be able to write and direct, but he'd still be the one behind it. James has said that he'd do it, as long as it's in the next four years. Now, last week, the head of the WB has said publically that, yes, they do want a Spike movie from Joss Whedon. Why, with those facts at hand, would anyone still think it's a lie?

Actually, there are no "lies" being told because there are no "truths" being told. Everything you've said is subject to interpretation.

A network, ANY network, will never approach Joss W. and say "we want to do a Spike movie." Joss has to approach them. If they think it will make them money/get good ratings, the green light is given.

The head of the WB didn't say they "want" a Spike movie from Joss W.:

"The "Smallville" stint may not be the only work on The WB for [James] Marsters. Network head David Janollari says he would "gladly" do a TV movie featuring the Spike character if Marsters and "Buffy"/"Angel" creator Joss Whedon want to do one."

There's a big difference between "want" and "would gladly do."

Joss has put the Buffyverse on the back burner for now. That doesn't mean that he can't revisit it in some form, but with Wonder Woman and other projects coming up and taking up his time, I don't think you'll see anything.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> Thank you Leoff that totally makes a lot more sense when you say it. -- Christian, 15:50:31 08/01/05 Mon [1] (209.240.205.62)

I always felt that "right now" Joss wants to do other things than "Slayers and Vampires". I mean isn't that why "Buffy" and "Angel" was put on the backburner EVEN when both shows were still airing because he wanted to try his hand at other things?

Me? i'm ok if there isn't another movie/spinoff. If he can't devote his time to write or direct a Buffy/Angelverse then really what's the sense? Don't give that chore to someone else. The project could suffer.

[ Edit | View ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.