VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:21:17 08/02/05 Tue
Author: Stacia
Author Host/IP: 66.125.32.100
Subject: Re: O/T Joss Whedon interview for Wonder Woman has me doubting him. AGAIN!
In reply to: Christian 's message, "O/T Joss Whedon interview for Wonder Woman has me doubting him. AGAIN!" on 13:03:17 08/02/05 Tue

I just wonder if WW will ever get made if Joss does what he wants, insists on doing everything his way and creates his version of WW.

There have been so many movies like this, especially at Warner Bros, that have been waiting for years to be made. Look at how long it took for the latest Superman and Batman Begins to finally get made. Or look how Warner Bros has been treating the Ender's Game movie. They've had a script and a director for 5 years now and every year they hire a new set of writers to re-write the script since the execs at Warner Bros don't like it. They want all sorts of demands about changing the story to make it more box office friendly.

The studio isn't going to put $80M+ in a WW movie if it isn't guaranteed to be a hit. The fanboys on AICN and Superherohype are all complaining about Joss and his comments about WW. Warner Bros could easily make some fanboy favorite WW with some cleavagy slutbomb playing WW that critics would hate, but would still make $150M at the box office, like Fantastic Four.

Unless the new Superman movie does huge and Serenity does huge, will Joss have the freedom to make the kind of movie he wants to make. I have hunch that this WW will be in development for years with nothing ever happening with it.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> There could be some hopping! wee......LOL, thanks Christian -- toothy, 17:43:35 08/02/05 Tue [1] (4.137.17.28)

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I see hopping, I see jumping. What, no skipping? -- Eurydice (outraged on behalf of all those who skip), 23:35:07 08/02/05 Tue [1] (141.154.25.163)

[ Edit | View ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.