VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:59:25 08/03/05 Wed
Author: Frances
Author Host/IP: 81.247.169.117
Subject: It's the "Welcome back!" Wednesday Good Morning Thread

I've been away for a couple of weeks, but now I'm back again and it seems dead quiet over here!! Nothing happened since yesterday's DSN!

Let's get this place rocking from today's venue: Fangorn Forest

Spooky for dwarves...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Disturbingly pretty for elves...

And with beautiful bots hidden in dark corners...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I've been in Canada and developed quite a lust for muffins over there. Here in Belgium they only exist in chocolate or vanilla flavour. So today's spread are blueberry muffins, pear-&-almond-muffins, double chocolate muffins, chocolate-&-banana-muffins, cranberry muffins and carrot muffins. There might be some more varieties... Ask and you shall be served.
There's also coffee (just put your cup under the espresso machine and press the button), tea (earl grey, green tea and English breakfast), fresh pressed OJ (you can have it mixed with cranberry juice, if you want) and hot or cold chocolate.

If you're past all this, you'll be awake enough to get your brains going. QotD: Both BtVS and AtS played in sunny (?) California. Now imagine it all took place way up North, where there's snow in Winter etc. What would change? What kind of demons would they fight? Would all the characters be the same? And most of all, would the vampires all benefit from the snow or did that only work in "Amends"?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Yea, a muffin convert! -- MTsFan *Gropes Frances*, 10:21:50 08/03/05 Wed [1] (205.175.225.24)

Blueberry, please, with coffee delivered by that FredBot that popped out of the forest. That was a surprise as I was scrolling down - dark spooky forest, then suddenly a perky underdressed FredBot.

QotD:
Even in Sunnydale, they occasionally had to wear jackets on cool evenings or in "winter." That had very little to do with the demons they had to fight. There could be room in the story to add some fire-breathing types that threaten the frozen eco-system with an apocalyptic melting.

In a more Northern climate, they might have had Amends effects for whole seasons at a time. Far enough north, the vampires could benefit from whole winter seasons without any sunshine, but watch out for summer.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Yep, completely converted. The coffee otoh... That's whole another story... -- Frances *gropes!!!!*, 10:49:52 08/03/05 Wed [1] (81.241.201.113)

Hehehe. There would be this migration thing going on: every winter new vampires arrive and every summer they leave. And that coincides nicely with the season. Buffy would chase the vampires away by the end of the season and they would reappear at the start, waiting for the winter. *g*

When I told my mum I had developed quite an appetite for muffins she told me she made blueberry muffins once. How come I didn't know that? But you had to put them in the oven in a dish of water or something. I think she thought this too much work to make them more often.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Morning -- EmilyIRE *still busy*, 10:42:59 08/03/05 Wed [1] (192.198.151.129)

AotD: Vamps could make little fanged snowmen. That could be fun.

I'm sooooooo tired. How many days til the weekend?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Counts on fingers: 2! (and a couple more hours -- you're living in GMT, right?) -- Frances *gropes*, 10:51:39 08/03/05 Wed [1] (81.241.201.113)

And GMT is Greenwich Mean Time...

Well, it reminds me of Calvin's gory snowmen. These were quite cool. ;-)

[ Edit | View ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.