VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:24:44 08/05/05 Fri
Author: DiforSpike
Author Host/IP: 64.240.84.18
Subject: It's the Finally Cooled Down Friday Good Morning Thread!

Sorry for the recycling -- it's been an overly-busy week as I try to do all that didn't get done while I was on my most wonderful vacation . . .

This thread is an opportunity to start your day off on a happy and friendly note, get to know your fellow posters, and [most importantly] to have a good time. So don’t be shy... chat up your fellow Boardies . . . and go for a ride with your favorite bots!

You are welcome to bring food, entertainment and special requests for music...
I will provide some refreshments today. All antics that lead to laughter [and GROPING or SPANKING or LICKING] are allowed!!!

Since many of us will be hopping in a vehicle with our favorite 'bots momentarily, breakfast will be an assortment of items that can be eaten on the go. We have cereal bars and granola bars, breakfast sandwiches, smoothies made to order; and muffins: strawberry mango, raspberry/white chocolate, and cherry poppyseed.

II have also brought gallons of coffee [what else but shade grown], pots of tea (with herbal, green, and black varieties), all in to-go cups, of course. Of course, I do not condone drinking and driving, but so long as you lets the bots do the driving and you just ride, there's also a full bar set up so you may have the mixed drink of your choice.

Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Poor MT – no cool car for her, she's still stuck on the school bus . . .
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The ‘Bots are ready to serve you, so what will you have . . .

QotD: My vacation last week was essentially a road trip, with us spending almost every night in a different place. Do you prefer staying-put type vacations, where you go to one place and stay there? Or moving about ones, in which you cover lots of territory?

Have a GOOD MORNING, and a GREAT DAY! and GROPE.....

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Anyone else giggle at the last picture? -- Ramses 2, 09:59:41 08/05/05 Fri [1] (69.242.120.180)

Were you trying to same something here DiforSpike?:)

AOTD: Staying put for me. You get a real flavor for the place. My best trip ws the two weeks I spent just in Florence.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Not really trying to say anything . . . -- Di, 10:17:36 08/05/05 Fri [1] (64.240.84.18)

I really did try to find a picture of MT with a vehicle, but only found that one and thought it kind of funny.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> It was funny -- Ramses 2, 11:14:30 08/05/05 Fri [1] (69.242.120.180)

I was slowly scrolling down thinking what a fine and sexy cast they were....and then I got to Dawn's picture. I couldn't help laugh out loud. Poor MT.(who is gorgeous and sexy now)

[ Edit | View ]

[> Fridayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy -- Hope4all- Sending great big hugs & gropes to the hostess, 10:12:51 08/05/05 Fri [1] (68.165.128.19)

Aotd: Prefer the stay a while, but the other can be fun too.

Coming back to work from vacation, what a bummer. School starts next week for my two, and they'll both be going to middle school. Now crossing fingers for my youngest.

So, Di the trip was that good????? *eg*

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Yes, yes it was! -- Di, 10:23:49 08/05/05 Fri [1] (64.240.84.18)

It was wonderful -- and good to learn we travel well together. Lots of camping . . . all that fresh air gave us lots of energy! *veg*

I've been in terrible withdrawal all week -- we got to spend 22 days together in July, and our next visit to one another isn't even planned yet (although we're working on that). So truly from feast to famine. I'm so head over ears it isn't even funny. But he is too, so that works out well. We've even started "coming out" within our organization -- each of us has told a few people, and thus far the reaction is very positive -- people are just happy for us. So all's good.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Good news for once, love to hear it -- Hope4all- ever so happy for you, 10:40:38 08/05/05 Fri [1] (68.165.128.19)

My sappy romantic side just had a really big "Awwwww" moment.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Forgot to add in lots of hugs and gropes . . . -- Di *hangs head at being so remiss*, 10:27:22 08/05/05 Fri [1] (64.240.84.18)

[ Edit | View ]

[> Morning gropes, boardies -- MTsFan, 10:22:39 08/05/05 Fri [1] (205.175.225.24)

Yeah, no cool car for Dawn. That was one of the first things I fixed in the Sister Slayer fanfic. She got a little red sports car. On the real show? ... No way. *sigh*

QotD:
I much prefer stay-in-one-place vacations, even when that one place is home. I hate the sort of vacation that you have to go back to work to recover from. Those are more work than they're worth.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I've had a few of that kind . . . -- Di *hugging and groping MTsFan*, 10:26:22 08/05/05 Fri [1] (64.240.84.18)

You can definitely overdo the moving around thing. This one was a nice pace, and we did have two stops where we stayed for several days on each end of the trip, which was a nice way to begin and end. And my work week has certainly been far too crazy to be a recovery from anything. If anything, I need another vacation to recover from this week . . . but then I'd just have another like it when I got back, so it's probably not worth it.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Afternoon -- Emily, 10:32:41 08/05/05 Fri [1] (192.198.151.129)

Finally got my laptop back after it crashed yesterday.

I like a bit of both, I like to stay somewhere for at least a few nights to get the flavour of a place. I find if I move around too much I go home wrecked. Having said that, I spent 2 weeks travelling through Holland, Belgium, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria and Italy a few years ago and had a great time.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Yikes to the laptop crash . . . -- Di *hugging Em*, 10:40:07 08/05/05 Fri [1] (64.240.84.18)

I really need to do some backing up of the files on my home computers . . . I'm pretty well covered at work, but am bad about doing that at home.

I remember that trip from a while back -- I think you even found an internet cafe and popped in to say hi to us while you were on that vacation! That does sound like a good one.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Waves "hi" to Emily -- Hope4all, 10:42:27 08/05/05 Fri [1] (68.165.128.19)

Hope all is well with you!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Friday, yay! -- TGWShark, 10:35:23 08/05/05 Fri [1] (65.161.178.226)

AotD: I like to go someplace and stay. Mostly, it's about minimizing the loading and unloading of the van. I pack minimally, but the rest of the clan takes everything they own. Sharkette took 12 pairs of shoes on our last trip compared to two for me, for example.

*Sigh* If it gets worse, my next vehicle purchase will be an 18-wheeler.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> *giggle* -- Di *hugs the Shark*, 10:44:58 08/05/05 Fri [1] (64.240.84.18)

Long time no grope, oh great white one!

We had my guy's car (a Suburban) loaded to the gills -- with camping stuff, biking stuff, food, and our clothes. I actually packed far lighter than he did, since I had to get everything I took on a plane. But it was definitely a job packing up camp and reloading the car each day that we did that . . . And he had more pairs of shoes on the trip than I did. Being kind of a shoe girl, I was most jealous of that.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> There's an idea -- TGWShark *Returning long-missed gropage*, 10:53:36 08/05/05 Fri [1] (65.161.178.226)

If I start making all trips by air, that would force a bit of conservatism on the family's packing habits, huh?

So is that going to be our nickname for this beau? Shoe Guy? ;D

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Dealguy would probably be more accurate . . . -- Di *gropes some more*, 11:01:52 08/05/05 Fri [1] (64.240.84.18)

He's not really the fashion plate type, although he does generally look nice. And I most certainly own far more pairs of shoes than he does; I just limited myself to four for this trip (hiking boots, biking shoes, cross-trainers, and sandals). He's kind of a high-octane deal guy, making things happen on the ground. So I guess he could be dealguy.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Gotcha! Now Monty Hall is firmly planted in my mind's eye -- TGWShark, 11:03:39 08/05/05 Fri [1] (65.161.178.226)

[ Edit | View ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.