VoyForums

Tuesday, May 23, 01:49:53pmVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Friday, May 19, 05:30:39pm
Author: Senor Cohen
Author Host/IP: cpc96792-rdng27-2-0-cust299.15-3.cable.virginm.net / 86.9.151.44
Subject: Think I am with you on this point. Anyone who has read Jonathon's Wilson's 'The Outsider' will know that traditionally there are two schools of thought about the efficacy of keepers. Traditionally Good British Keepers have been commanding in the box and have been great shot stoppers, whereas in other parts of the world there is more emphasis on the keeper acting as a fifth defender, willing to come out side of the box, more willing to roll the ball short or pass the ball accurately with the feet. So what influences the outcome of a game more; a keeper who is largely reactive, or a keeper who is proactive and supports the outfield players? Think of Neuer and you have a keeper who can do all of that.
In reply to: f bloke 's message, "I simply don't believe that you say that so and so keeper is worth x points a season. How do you prove it? I never thought that about EVDS - How can you say EVDS 10 -12 points and Schwarzer only 6 to 8? I think in simple terms Keepers cost you points not earn you points. The good ones just cost you fewer points. I do accedt that good keepers help to organise defences but that is an intangible beneift and not one that you can attribute a points value over a season to." on Friday, May 19, 04:06:54pm

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT+0
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.