[ Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 01:14:44pm
Author: Straw Clutchers Anonymous
Author Host/IP: 5e0ed830.bb.sky.com / 184.108.40.206
Subject: The response below in 'Crocked Players' post about Stacey North's long throw got me thinking about the players we've had who've been long throw specialists?
The first I can remember was Jim Langley who would take a run-up, arch his back and deliver a massive throw. Everything about Jim was seemingly (naturally) exaggerated, unless it only appeared that way in the eyes of a 10 year old. From his bandy leg stance, to his galloping run, happy, smiley unassuming nature, he was probably one of my all time favourites.
Others who have had long throws?
Stacey North (although for some reason I seemed to have blotted that out)?
Malcolm MacDonald had a very similar throw to Jim Langley, all run up, arched back and bandy legs.
I'm sure there are others, just can't think of them at the moment and what is it that makes some players have a long throw and others of similar size and build not? I've always wondered that.
Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
- Did Richard Langley have a long throw too, or am I imagining that? (NT) -- Pennywise, Wednesday, October 11, 01:45:34pm (NoHost/220.127.116.11)
- Don`t forget (NT) -- Masher!, Wednesday, October 11, 01:50:44pm (mail.satmap.com/18.104.22.168)
- Chris Baird - seem to remember one of his against Spurs (home, 2007) leading to Kamara's overhead for a 3-3 when we'd been 1-3 down. (NT) -- Andrew in Bath, Wednesday, October 11, 01:54:36pm (5ade6475.bb.sky.com/22.214.171.124)
- Vaguely remember Fred Callaghan lobbing one now and then. (NT) -- All our yesterdays, Wednesday, October 11, 01:55:45pm (NoHost/126.96.36.199)
- Surprised no ones mentioned Rob Scott. (NT) -- ////, Wednesday, October 11, 01:59:48pm (88-109-217-19.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com/188.8.131.52)
- Terry Angus had a Long one !! (NT) -- Boaconstrictor, Wednesday, October 11, 02:21:51pm (188-122-50-231.xdsl.5gdsl.com/184.108.40.206)
- I went to Corinthian Casuals on Saturday and was thinking of Richard Langley. For some reason I have stored in my memory that he played for them. (NT) -- coulio, Wednesday, October 11, 04:16:54pm (NoHost/220.127.116.11)
- Roger Cross (NT) -- f bloke, Wednesday, October 11, 04:54:56pm (NoHost/18.104.22.168)
- Not sure about this one but didnâ€™t Ray Evans have a longish throw. I vaguely remember him coming up to take them adjacent to the box towards the end of matches if FFC were chasing the game - I donâ€™t think much ever came of them which is possibly why Iâ€™m not totally certain if it was him. (NT) -- numbnuts, Wednesday, October 11, 05:05:54pm (22.214.171.124.dyn.plus.net/126.96.36.199)
- Magnes Longthrowason. (NT) -- ?, Wednesday, October 11, 05:10:49pm (cpc118062-lewi21-2-0-cust19.2-4.cable.virginm.net/188.8.131.52)
- Re: The response below in 'Crocked Players' post about Stacey North's long throw got me thinking about the players we've had who've been long throw specialists? (NT) -- Sir Craven/do you mean Jim Lagney?, Wednesday, October 11, 05:45:57pm (79-68-217-97.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com/184.108.40.206)
- Re: The response below in 'Crocked Players' post about Stacey North's long throw got me thinking about the players we've had who've been long throw specialists? (NT) -- Sir Craven rOBIN lAWLER had a long throw., Wednesday, October 11, 05:48:46pm (79-68-217-97.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com/220.127.116.11)
- The first long thow specialist we had was Robin Lawler ! (NT) -- DA, Thursday, October 12, 10:05:24pm (host-92-17-175-254.as13285.net/18.104.22.168)
[ Contact Forum Admin ]
Forum timezone: GMT+0|
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.