Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...
[ Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 01:57:57am
Author Host/IP: 58-7-241-36.dyn.iinet.net.au / 184.108.40.206
Subject: Horses for Courses
For any sort of football success, an ability to switch tactics has to be part of the game. Possession is well and good but so very predictable when starting from the back and must be occasionally switched to serving a long ball at either flank where many of the huge Championship centre halves do not usually venture.
Switching formations and tactical moves at given signals hardly require great intellectual nous and the very well paid modern professionals have entire weeks to prepare.
Given that FFC appear to lack an on field leader, dominant centre back and competitive centre forward, the post January work to improve results is not insurmountable and leaves remaining season to tweak most things ready for the next realistic chance to achieve.
SJ's managerial staying record is not impressive and throwing the towel will achieve further discredit which will significantly set him back. Assuming Kline debacle is past tense, SJ is the man I would go with to lead a new chapter at FFC.
Home crowd vs Derby have it in their power to determine if they want SJ to lead the way.
Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
- Not simply a 'competitive' centre forward. A striker who can hold up and link play and who weighs in with a decent goal tally.....and preferrably 2 of them. (NT) -- Spigs, Tuesday, November 14, 09:45:53am (NoHost/220.127.116.11)
- I believe that a change of tactics works with quality footballers. If some aren't quite up to the mark due to this absurd tactical & 'moneyball' policy - then it isn't going to work, for us. Moreover, the flawed Kline system appeared to not differentiate between types of players needed, hence at present a surfiet of midfield/attacking players with similar styles that don't seem to compliment each other. Notwithstanding this, still hoping for a post international break up-turn - but most certainly a positive January transfer window, (NT) -- Ferhtlic, Tuesday, November 14, 10:24:13am (cpc113816-lea23-2-0-cust1142.6-3.cable.virginm.net/18.104.22.168)
- Who is this built like a brick shithouse dominant in the air Messi level skilled ball playing centre half we are going to sign?And all within the confines of FFP. (NT) -- HemelRog, Tuesday, November 14, 10:29:05am (bcdf2c53.skybroadband.com/22.214.171.124)
- A CF good in the air who can hold the ball up & score goals would do for me + a dominant CH. Oh & the outing of those SJ doesn't rate. (NT) -- Ferhtlic, Tuesday, November 14, 10:53:36am (cpc113816-lea23-2-0-cust1142.6-3.cable.virginm.net/126.96.36.199)
- I'd just settle for someone who can head the ball. (NT) -- Frustrated Beast, Tuesday, November 14, 11:48:03am (host109-150-69-118.range109-150.btcentralplus.com/188.8.131.52)
[ Contact Forum Admin ]
Forum timezone: GMT+0|
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.